2021-2022 UVA Sports Fan Positivity Thread

Which Isaac has more range? Might be a tossup.

1 Like

Not sure on range but both are ridiculously pure shooters. Will be absolutely shocked if both aren’t deadeye shooters at the college level.

4 Likes

Both look to have Ty like range and that’s just fine by me. The last three of Traudt’s is very deep and it still looks smooth and routine.

2 Likes

I’d like Gardner back too, except that I can see guys like Igor, Taine, and Traudt (perhaps Bond) not getting PT because of it. That seems to be how it works - once a guy is a regular, he ain’t getting reduced PT. Last guy who did was Salt for Diakite in '19, but that was in part due to Salt’s back injury.

2 Likes

So some guys have to earn PT each year and some don’t?

Pssst - this is the positive thread! :joy:

3 Likes

Lets move this discussion for another thread. This is the UVA positivity board. Thank you.

1 Like

Bryant Stiths birthday today. Happy bday to BNice

And Yuri Barnes was yesterday

10 Likes

Wahoo!!!

3 Likes

Can’t believe it’s almost 30 posts and this guy hasn’t come up yet! We have a generational talent for 3 more seasons!

7 Likes

Traudt!!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1469686159102169098

2 Likes

Bumping this thread because we play Louisville tomorrow. Yeah im jinxing us but idc I just want to beat coach Mack.

-Beat Coach Mack
-Play Taine (and Igor) more minutes
-Make the NIT and develop Reece Taine Igor Kadin (I hope we don’t play kihei 40 minutes a game in the NIT if we make it. Start playing for the future at that point like how Tobey and Anderson played heavy in 2013).

That’s a winning season in my books.

2 Likes

I’m sort of giving up on number 2. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Igor and Taine play minutes the rest of the way but won’t expect it. Just going to really hone in on Kadin’s development. He has really flashed offensively the last two games.

And I’d love an NIT berth too. Honestly probably more than a tournament appearance at this point (even though that’s all but a lost cause)

1 Like

Let’s go Hoos!!!

3 Likes

If Tony Bennett recruited like Todd DeSorbo UVA basketball would have 10 nattys by now :slight_smile:

11 Likes

If we had the baseball/lax/swimming recruiting prowess we would have a 2023 class of DJ Wagner, Kwame Evans Jr, GG Jackson, and Reed Sheppard lol.

Especially impressed with lax recruiting since I think they are operating out of trailer parks? Or so Ive heard.

I guess I can transition into the good news of us hopefully getting new facilities soon to expand on our dominance.

6 Likes

Back to back Natty’s on top of already being a blue-chip school is a pretty solid spot to be in for recruiting.

8 Likes

Reece Beekman is our point guard.

3 Likes

Pretty sure the Rams would win if Bryce Perkins was inserted at QB. Too much talent to just leave on the sidelines.

3 Likes