2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Gardner is built like a frickin tank - jeez.

I know you aren’t supposed to wish away time but come on bb season.

1 Like

I re-read this comment, originally thinking that you meant he *won’t play alot- but then realized (I think) that you believe he *will play alot- and actually I believe that too! I guess I meant to say that we have a SOLID group of Bigs this year that can all contribute.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Thoughts:

I love not having to go to Florida State

Last game: @Louisville
YUM CENTER JPJ WEST BAYBEE

11 Likes

Lot of road games near the start of the conference slate, but those first 4 are not exactly a trial by fire. Hopefully will get us off to a good start in the ACC before we go to Chapel Hill.

Edit - No game @FSU and no home game vs UNC so this might be one of the easier schedules.

That stretch to ring in the new year…yikes

FSU for Senior Night will be fun.

Interesting that neither McKoy nor Morsell come to JPJ.

2 Likes

So why is Kihei featured on the schedule and not Reece???

Sorry, just practicing my message board talking points before the season starts.

9 Likes

I mostly like this schedule. Like that we get two games at home to start things off and get in the groove, and then two solid but not terrifying away games before going to UNC. Hopefully the guys will have found their feet by then.

What I’m not totally thrilled by are the two-day turnarounds going into the @ Duke and @ VT games. That feels less than ideal. But otherwise like the schedule overall. And we get two chances to screw up Coach K’s farewell tour, so that’s nice.

3 Likes

Love how many Saturday games we have. Could care less about schedule because no one in the ACC scares me

3 Likes

So, yes, you’re poking fun – but in answer to your query: Can you say “NATTY”? :wink:

A lot of people just don’t understand how skilled Igor is for his size. Isaiah knows what TB’s standards are and did not hesitate to call on TB from the other side of the world. Hey look at this kid…

Igor will be ANOTHER UVA NBA draft choice

6 Likes

Maybe - he may go the Petrusev route too though.

Petrusev went back to Europe, then got drafted, right? I wonder how much of that was Covid uncertainty and how much was Timme footsteps (who, tbh, might wind up going lower than Petrusev).

Update - drafted #50 by Sixers, though per Wiki, he’s staying in Serbia this year. Will be interesting to see how Timme plays with Holmgren. Vecenie/Pennie said Chet will be the rim protector, which may push Timme to the perimeter. Not sure if that will make him look better or worse though…

1 Like

is an interesting point. felt like they ran so much O through Timme at high post etc when I watched them last year. hard to get away from that.

Is Chet perceived one and done?

I think so… #2 overall and played against Emoni Bates and zipped him up…

2 Likes

I think Holmgren is top 3 or so, at least, on the early 2022 draft boards. I meant Timme gets pushed to the perimeter on defense. I think it would be opposite on offense (Timme down low / Chet outside).

Vecenie (good draft analyst) has Duren, Banchero, Holmgren, in that order. Banchero is gonna be a problem…

Should add (unrelated) – great job with Norm Nolan podcast. One of my recent favorites.

3 Likes

Norm is one of my all time favorites; wish he was on our teams. Thought it was a good one too. appreciate

5 Likes

Did a Kihei Clark preview piece. Don’t think there’s much to be said about Kihei that hasn’t been covered already — everyone knows the positives and the limitations — but I do think it’ll be interesting to see how he rises to the challenge of being one of the top scoring options.

7 Likes

Nice job HnH. Unfortunately for this team I think Kihei is at his best when he doesnt look for stats. Just plays steady within himself with the ocassional burst. Needing or expecting (boldy) 15 from Kihei on average not ideal

Appreciate the article lil homey

6 Likes