2022 Dream Class

Ty is an NYC hoop legend. I know his cousin, really good peeps.

2 Likes

@HoozGotNext Is Tyrell Ward someone we are looking at? Kid is exploding but I figure him going to Dematha doesn’t work in our favor? To be fair when was the last time we ever pushed for a Dematha kid?

1 Like

Would we still have interest in Bobi or not so much with the addition of Igor? Igor seems to fill the Hauser-role while Bobi is a fit for the Dre-role

1 Like

I think we would still have room for Bobi a year or 2? Later. Bobi has mentioned that he wants to learn the American game better and take on more competition at the highschool level. So I imagine he wouldn’t mind being just as patient if we were to land him so that he may develop.

1 Like

Getting 1 of Bobi or Traudt is still a major need, just can’t see us getting both now.

1 Like

Think this lessons the likelihood of us landing two versatile 3/4s in the 2022 class. Maybe more likely we now get one of Traudt or Klintman (or whatever new player we identify over the summer for those slots). And given how it seems like we’re going hard for Traudt, my guess is the likelihood of landing Klintman fell quite a bit. But who knows.

I’m also not entirely sure how I feel about a projected 2023 team of like Beekman, Nunez, Murray, McCorkle, McKneely, Milicic, Traudt, and Shedrick (if we landed our current top targets). There’s not a ton of obvious strength or physicality in there, and a ton of guys who have to develop quite a bit physically. I’m sure staff is thinking about that in terms of next targets, I just personally hope we aren’t modeling our future teams off of this past year’s as opposed to like 2019 and 2016. Would still like to see some big physical guards (Brogdon, Hall) some physical versatile wings (Dre, Anderson) and some sort of physical 4/5s (Mamadi, Akil, etc) to compliment those type of guys.

4 Likes

Kansas Commit Grady Dick was on the Run GMC team but didnt have a stat line worth posting.

Let’s just move on from traudt. He’s entirely too hard. Dude’s not coming here.

I can never tell when you’re being serious

5 Likes

Uhhh does Mark Jerome know this kid from NY by any chance??? Some of these plays are insane lol

2 Likes

I like to keep you guessing. I’m half to three quarters serious. Dude is a stud. In one highlight i saw last night he jammed it on somebody’s head and roared at him. In my mind that’s not a kid that chooses UVA. Would be ecstatic to be wrong here.

1 Like

I never once saw Jay Huff roar at anyone after throwing it down

5 Likes

I did. But not so much in high school.

Lol if Isaac Traudt doesn’t attend UVA it’s not going to be because he screams after he dunks. Again we are trying to invent reasons why we are having problems recruiting

4 Likes

We’ll get our shot when he’s here for #IsaacSquared weekend. Seems like Tony either locks them down early (McKneely recently), or comes in late on a new target and closes quickly (Murray, Milicic recently).

Agree that things would not look favorable if it turns into one of those long, drawn-out recruitments. Wish we’d be a little more open to re-allocating resources when we see a Quinerly/Keels situation developing, but Tony really likes his priority targets. Maybe he’s already adjusting and we’ll see that as we get back to a normal recruiting cycle.

I just frankly don’t think our offense is attractive-enough to the top of the top-rated recruits, and that’s unlikely to change.

2 Likes

Agree with this 100%. Overall I’m down with Tony’s recruiting approach, but this might be my one quibble. (I’m still in wait-in-see-mode on international recruits … a little wary but Taine and Igor could move the needle in either direction).

2 Likes
7 Likes

I think the perception of the offense not being attractive is true, although I’m not convinced that can’t/won’t change. The natty team as we all know certainly ran more diverse offensive sets with great success. Let’s face it, after the big 3 left for the NBA the 2019-20 team was extremely limited offensively. I’m not sure the offensive sets made any difference. Their best chance to win was with defense. This year’s team started out opening things up. The loss to San Francisco probably derailed a longer experiment in multiple offensive sets, but CTB showed a willingness to try new things. The makeup of that team was just so odd I firmly believe once the 5 out was scrapped it was left with limited offensive options. I would be willing to bet that we will see more a diverse offensive this year. Maybe not what the one and done guys are looking for, but I’ll be surprised if the offense is exclusively mover blocker.

3 Likes

My friends and I called him Milk all throughout his career here based on that video. It’s a great nickname, all kinds of great GIFs were used when he rained a long 3.

2 Likes

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/now-aau-teammates-traudt-and-green-bonding-on-off-the-court

Need to offer Jasen Green. Whatever it takes #isaac^2

3 Likes