2022 recruiting layout

Kid that went to Princeton as well, though I think we passed on him intentionally

1 Like

Think P. Hubb was part of that group too.

2 Likes

Any lead guard in the top 100 (or 200 really) was essentially in that group. Or it felt like it sometimes.

1 Like

Good call. Pretty sure we could’ve had Hubb if we wanted

1 Like

McKneely’s game.

How the hell does west virginia high school have a better production team/game streaming capability than UVA athletics?

so true. quality is great here

Rough start Isaac 0-6. Smart move by the other team zone and collapse/triple mckneely even on the perimeter.

@Hoos9412 no idea.

Ethan Pain the WVU football commit for Poca is excellent at the hard hedge

1 Like

We are getting outcoached and outplayed in this one. Need Isaac to go off in 2nd half

2 Likes

Yeah Poca really struggling to be aggressive vs that zone.

Nice steal and three!

Fun finish but came up short.

1 Like

My unofficial stats for Austin Nunez in game 2 this afternoon: 5 points on 2-6 FG, a steal and a turnover.

It’s tough to watch a game to study one specific player and find they’re not that involved offensively. That’s the case with him. Even in the few opportunities he gets, he’s too willing to defer. He’s a better defender than I thought, will give him that. He really gets after it on that end. He’s only scored one two-point FG in the game and half I’ve watched. It came on a breakaway layup. It’s pretty much all catch and shoot or pull up 3s. Very little attacking the basket.

3 Likes

And, as often has been said, “The Lord works in mysterious ways.” Thank heavens for the PG miss that gave us Kihei. Did I mention that he made THAT PASS?!? :laughing:

1 Like

Who’s on his team?

A game and half of Robert Jennings. Lots to like with him. All over the offensive glass, blocks shots, can switch on multiple positions, threw down a couple nasty dunks. His offensive game is a work in progress but he’s more skilled than I would have thought. He’s close to being really good in the mid post, just isn’t polished enough yet. He’ll beat his man but be a little too sped up to finish plays, little things like that. Nice shooting touch, knocked down an open three, was 3-4 at the foul line, hit a couple face up mid range jumpers. He even brought the ball up the court several times, looked comfortable with it.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Off topic but has the program started planning for the new NIL rules? It seems like the NCAA is going to allow it this year per an article I read today.

Let’s hope so. I’m already seeing football recruits reference NIL plans schools like FSU and Notre Dame are presenting them.

2 Likes

With no exaggeration, this is the end of college sports as we know it. Right or wrong, it’s going to be like when the Olympics switched away from amateurs. It hasn’t been the same since

1 Like