NBA Early Draft Entry / G-League Discussion (Formerly 2022 Recruiting Offers)

Has anyone seen Justin Taylor play recently? Being as objective as possible :slight_smile: what UVa past or present player would you compare him to? Thanks.

Haven’t seen him play, but would Hauser be a good comp for Justin? Maybe Joe Harris?

Joe Harris with better shot at this stage.

1 Like

Isn’t Justin Taylor more of a mobile 3/4 hybrid with a nice shot than a 2/3 guard/wing like Harris was? Like, I’m assuming Taylor would never play the 2, whereas Joe could and spent most of his time as a 2/3 if I’m remembering correctly. But maybe I just don’t really understand what role we’re looking at Taylor for or don’t understand his game and making assumptions based on his size. My initial thought would have been a somewhat more athletic Hauser.

Taylor is a guard, 2/3. McKneely too. I know we loosely use the combo label on McKneely but he’s not going to be a lead guard.

2 Likes

Huh, we that makes me kind of think differently of him and where he slots in. I stand corrected! Thank you

1 Like

Purdue just got their 2nd guard commit of the 22 class. Seems like they are target Cameron Heide for their 3rd guard of the class (the guard Tony zoomed with a few weeks ago I believe). Means they probably won’t be a factor in the McKneely recruitment. To be honest I didn’t think they would be anyways.

1 Like

Sorry if this was posted. Lots to filter thru lately.
Sounds like UVA is the heavy favorite.
https://dailyprogress.com/sports/stabs-justin-taylor-excited-to-receive-offer-from-virginia-mens-basketball-program/article_4855f4cc-3970-11eb-b008-0be71af0d8f0.html

7 Likes

Would like to think the only way we don’t get Taylor is if we land McKneely first.

3 Likes

Is it an either/or thing with them?

1 Like

With Keels yes, without that’s a tough call. I imagine we’d have staggered the offers if we weren’t prepared to take both. Both makes a lot of guard/wings if everyone stick around, not to mention what might present itself it the transfer market (in and out) before either would be on Grounds

Keels / Mckneely / Taylor, pick two.

Frankly I’d take Mckneely and Taylor, and I think that’s more likely than any other combo.

1 Like

No I meant between McKneely and JT. I was reacting to

“Would like to think the only way we don’t get Taylor is if we land McKneely first.”

Ideally, yes. If things get really messed up (transfers/other '22 recruiting fails) it’s possible both could be an option.

1 Like

My recruitment is picking up more now too; Kentucky, Virginia and Kansas are the schools that have been contacting me more consistently lately.

I’m just getting to know the coaches, but I don’t get caught up in it too heavy during the season. I have my own season to focus on and the coaches understand that.

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/basketball/scoot-henderson-blog-dominant-season-kentucky-kansas-virginia

1 Like

What are our realistic chances with Mr. Henderson?

Scoot looks like he’s gonna be real cream of the crop. So probably not good. Until coaches can actually go out recruiting and these guys get to play head to head and prove where they stack up, it’s impossible to say.

Absolutely!

1 Like

Iowa making an argument we should take McKneely and Taylor lol

8 Likes
4 Likes