2023 ACC Tournament

11 Likes

I can’t decide whether or not I want to play the Heels again. If they were to get in the tourney by beating us 2x, that would be awful on so many levels. Then again, if we play like we have the past couple games, they don’t worry me all that much

6 Likes

I hope after they embarrassed us in the tournament last year and how they embarrassed us last week, that the guys would have this one circled

6 Likes

I want to win the ACCT by beating the Triangle trio of UNC, State, and Duke, in Greensboro no less. Would be a special kind of fun for us older Hoos.

21 Likes

I scheduled a week’s vacation to watch this tournament. Maybe I’ll drive up to GSO to catch a game.

Go Hoos!

8 Likes

Haven’t been in HS in 30+ years but I kinda want to watch the tournament on this set up for old times sake.

30 Likes

Interesting path. I would say for NCAAT seeding purposes- playing two “outside looking in” bubble teams isn’t super helpful. I think we are realistically locked in at 4-5 - with an outside chance to drop to 6 or move up to 3 depending on if/when we lose, and what others around us do.

2 Likes

I loved that. Would set up shop in my football coaches room and watch games all day. No one every questioned it.

6 Likes

Lots of parents in Hilton Head would just let their kids call in sick that day.

4 Likes

Bless those athletic coaches that had to teach too.

1 Like

Yea my moms would never let that happen plus i always had practice so may as well show up.

Maybe it was just my HS or my teachers, but I don’t remember any teachers pulling in the TV to watch any basketball games. Maybe because I grew up in suburban Richmond instead of somewhere in NC or maybe it was the early 90s instead of the 80s? Or it may have happened and I just didn’t pay attention? Just not a memory I have from my childhood.

3 Likes

I’m glad that we will probably face UNC. If we win, we can knock them out of both the ACCT and the NCAAT.

4 Likes

My teachers never brought out the TV. But I had a little transistor radio (yeah this is the 80s), and I slipped the earbud cord through my sleeve, and then “rested my head on that hand” during classes so I could listen to the games.

6 Likes

For most of elementary school and all of middle school, ACCT Friday was the day I was allowed to skip school.

Mom would give me $ for pizza delivery for lunch. It was the pinnacle of fun at 10 years old.

10 Likes

Let’s not overlook the fact that Boston College could deliver that knockout blow to the Heels before we get the chance!.

7 Likes

For BC the big question is Post’s ankle injury. If he can’t play, forget it.

5 Likes

I grew up on the peninsula and graduated in 2012. We watched the games in elementary school but not middle or high school. Probably just about the principals and teachers

There were several teachers that would watch the tournament when I was in high school. Didn’t think much of it then, but part of it, in the 'boro at least, is probably that Waynesboro and Lee were divisional rivals and both favorites each year for the state title. Part of it may have also been that we (w’boro) had played against a player that played in that tournament (K. Madden) and in a year or two we’d have a schoolmate playing in it. (Alexander The Great)

1 Like