2023 Baseball

Hoos beat UNCW 7-0 to finish off the weekend invitational sweep. Gelof had a 3-run dinger and O’Connor, Berry, and Woolfolk combined for a two hitter.

9 Likes

Hosting Longwood at 3:00 today. Streaming on ACC Network Xtra in ESPN app / streaming channel.

4 Likes

Took care of business and then some. Longwood was bad.

4 Likes

More runs than hits…that’s impressive.

2 Likes

Gotta love this photo.

8 Likes

Clean defensive game against a Columbia team that was very solid last year. Teel hit a solo dinger and Berry had 6 K’s out of the bullpen.

6 Likes

That’s one thin bench.

1 Like
9 Likes
4 Likes

Jay Woolfolk might be emerging as one of the elite relievers in college baseball.

13 Likes

Forgot to add this yesterday:

7 Likes

We were supposed to have a four game series against Rhode Island this weekend, but it looks like the Friday game is already cancelled due to weather in the forecast. So for now it’ll be a double-header on Saturday and then close the series on Sunday.

6 Likes

I really wanted the four games to test our bullpen. But with another Saturday double header to do PBP on, I don’t mind too much losing a game in the series either.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Looks like RI’s pitching is, um, not off to a great start.

1 Like

I could see us getting tested by their #2 starter Levesque. He’s got good numbers and we historically have trouble with crafty, “Craptacular” lefties.

3 Likes
4 Likes

This is my expectation. Levesque will give us a run. And then his bullpen will crap all over the field making his start for naught. His defense seems primed to let him down too.

They’re a decently hitting club although we’re a big step up in the level of competition. I’m interested in seeing how our pitching handles their lineup.

Saw an interesting score last night…Columbia at UNCW…Columbia 15 UNCW 0

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see Columbia win the Ivy League again this year. They got some dudes in their lineup that can really hit.

2 Likes

Early in their seasons but seems like it’s going to come down to them or Penn.

2 Likes