2023 Early Recruiting

Did I read somewhere that CTB is doing an in-home visit with GG Jackson this week?

1 Like

Yes. There is a non sourced non mod post on 247 stating that

2 Likes

Ahhh… so I’m just perpetuating rumors then. Nice!

5 Likes

But its a good rumor! And one that’s plausible.

3 Likes

Yeah it would be a random rumor to start without any truth to it so I think it’s real.

But also this kind of mentality from me pretty much explains the current socio-political-conspiracy climate that exists online in this day and age lol

1 Like

@Hooandtrue Social media rumors will be the death to all of us. Sports, Religion, Politics. LOL!

1 Like

Over/under on the # of hours before Foster to Dook is official? Tipton is running about 24 hours behind and is trying to get the right shade of blue for the moon, so I’m guessing 31 hours.

3 Likes

Hah, putting in dibs on the hour he commits feels overly precise. I’ll go with this coming Sat.

Then again, you never know. An old friend got married to someone we all knew and considered a poor match. The friend they asked to perform the ceremony told them “WHEN you two decide to divorce, you have to talk to me first.” The betting pool on how long their marriage would last topped out at 5 years and we thought she was really optimistic.

23 years later, they’re still together.

2 Likes

From the Duke Board. Athlon sports magazine released their top 2023 recruits and already have Foster going to Duke LOL

5 Likes

And typically Athlon is a few weeks behind so Foster must have committed a while ago

2 Likes

Im pretty sure Jamie shaw tweeted that “Duke starting it’s 2023 class off on a strong note” subtweet like two days after Foster got the offer.

2 Likes

Bennett will definitely see Jackson over the next couple weeks. The phrase in-home visit is often used liberally though. It’s all up to the recruit, how they wanna do it. Most of the time it’s just going to an open gym session, then talking to the recruit and parents afterwards. Some of them do like to schedule ahead of time so that they only have one head coach in per day.

5 Likes

If a kid is at an academy, do they visit the parents separately?

No they just go see the recruit.

2 Likes

Any indication on who else will be “home visited” during the next few weeks?

Bennett should see Sheppard, Foster, and Jackson for sure. Probably all real soon. Questions are about 2022 guys and the 2023s without offers.

11 Likes

… and Klintman correct? … or was his name left off of your list intentionally?

I’m super curious about our next 22 move. Dunn has finished his scheduled visits. Does CTB go see him and try to get him on Grounds in a few weeks? Do we wait until CTB can go see Klintman in an open gym? I’m sure plans are ready to be put in motion just waiting for the 9th

1 Like

Somebody will be there, I don’t know if it’ll be TB. . Sunrise has a pair of 2023 recruits they’re interested in. PG Layden Blocker and wing Scotty Middleton.

3 Likes

Why are we still waisting time on foster? Building relationship with Oak Hill?

2 Likes