21' - 22' In-Season VIP Basketball Chat

Florida State down in OT at home to BU.

ACC is so bad this year.

Edit: FSU pulls it out with a game winner with two seconds on the clock.

4 Likes

I don’t know why I did this to myself, but I watched the first half of the Pitt-Vandy game. This may shock folks, but it is terrible basketball.

4 Likes

Woof you’re a glutton for punishment

2 Likes

Slick Rick gets revenge against Bama! Love to see it.

6 Likes

Pitino has many flaws, but being a bad or even average coach isn’t one of them. Plus, the guy is a huge CTB fan so I’ve got a soft spot for him.

5 Likes

Yeah, he’s a great coach, and his former players seem to like him (like Sheppard Sr). Definitely flawed, but loves hoops. Had a nice convo with my Athens cab driver about Pitino this summer. His fave team was Panathinkos! :joy:

7 Likes

Man Athens cab drivers talk mad shit. And will try and charge you 50X everytime

6 Likes

He drove me from the airport to the Acropolis. It was quite a trip, literally and figuratively.

4 Likes

I know that ride well man. both ways. Last time I was there tbe driver told me how americans work too hard while Greeks (who I love) prefer to sit around and drink coffee and conversate all day. Then he turned his music up all the way to James Brown “Get Up!”.

incredible shit

7 Likes

Hah, that exact cab ride was one of two times in a taxi I genuinely thought I was going to die. The other was in Orlando for a trade show. The driver was obviously stoned out of his mind and refused to stop, insisting he was fine, until we started actually yelling because he’s turned the wrong way onto a major street and he saw the wall of oncoming traffic. After that, he finally stopped and let us out.

5 Likes

I used to live in Astoria so I felt I was back there! Ha ha. Did a whirlwind trip this summer because my bro married an American Greek girl whose fam is over there. Was touch and go if it was gonna happen given everything going on, but I did a 4 night trip and left the fam at home. Wedding was down in the Pellopenese and I was staying last night at the Athens airport hotel, hence the trip. Everyone over there has an aunt in Jersey. … sorry for the stream of conciousness narrative… tryptophan…

3 Likes

The Mani is the real spot though. Ti Kanhis

I went first time in 1994 summer with UVa dudes who were in London Greece was still Dracma 350 to 1. Ios Mykonos Santorini. my goodness man

3 Likes
10 Likes

@DFresh11 this is SO true, took the fam to Athens for a few days in 6/19 and then out to Paros (absolute paradise and much cheaper than most Greek islands), but anyway, our cab drivers were always trying to shaft us! I love Greece though, it’s amazing.

2 Likes

When I was in Panama, we always had to negotiate the price with the taxi driver before getting in, or else they’d charge you an insane amount. It was so cheap I never minded being ripped off a little bit, but some guys got a little crazy with it. Suddenly when we’d start to walk away go find another cab the price would drop by 85%, haha.

3 Likes

Yeah, thats the thing, its cheap anyway, so I never felt bad. However, in Greece, they do go for the home run and quote insane prices. When you walk away then it gets normal:). Got for them, gotta shoot your shot.

2 Likes

I just get into the cab in Panamá and tell the dude I have this much money and thats it. My two little ones mom is Panamaniac

3 Likes

Worst cab ever Bangkok going from our hotel in the business district to the airport. Get in the car. About 3 blocks later he gets out to pour water on the radiator. We get on the highway he starts swerving and it’s clear he’s drunk. Make matters worst he starts slowing down his car is out of gas. We are on an 8 lane super highway going the smell with cars whizzing by. My wife and I are begging him to stop/pull over. Eventually car comes tona stop we jump out. Pretty sure I broke his trunk ripping it open to get our luggage. The driver then gets in a fight with another cab driver who’s stopped to help us. Insisting he can drive us to the airport despite being drunk and having no gas in his car.

6 Likes

My worst cab was in Istanbul… we were traveling from the airport to the hotel and went across the bridge over the Bosporus at night. Apparently this cab driver missed turn, so he quickly reverses and is driving backwards around a curve up a hill… he’s looking at me, not at the road, and repeating “it’s okay, it’s okay!” the whole way up the hill. I almost crapped myself.

5 Likes

Non-cab related post

Is GG Jackson visiting this weekend?

B-Ball tonight and Football tomorrow?

6 Likes