21-22 post-mortem

I’m sure he did! Everyone on the team struggled; it was a mediocre team. Again, it just doesn’t answer the question in my mind re: tradeoffs.

Edit - perhaps this is 25% too snarky, even for me, but if Tony wanted to have a rule that said “guys who struggle, can’t play” then we would’ve been putting 0 or 1 guys out there for a lot of games.

Maybe I should leave it at this: Tony made some lineup choices that puzzled me at the time, puzzle me to this day, and will continue to puzzle me into the future. The only future state of the world that will answer the puzzle a bit is if Taine/Igor/Carson wind up being really bad or non-impactful at all in college hoops. That’ll just leave me with one question - Malachi had a buttery smooth jumper off the dribble and he played lots of backup minutes. Why wasn’t Tony demanding that he show off that buttery smooth jumper to the whole world, rather than hiding it under a bushel?

3 Likes

So Malachi will score double digits and shoot 39% from 3 land?

1 Like

Malachi doing well would not surprise me at all. I hated to see him go.

1 Like

It’s all good. Tony did a great job with Mal. His confidence grew by leaps and bounds being under him for 2 years. Any takers on him shooting at least 43%from 3 while scoring somewhere around 15+ per game? I saw him out there, he didn’t surprise me but damn he was amazing.

2 Likes

Wishing him the best; I’ll be keeping an eye out. Those stats would be great!

2 Likes

According to this post and his IG bio, Jayden Nixon will continue his basketball career at Johns Hopkins as he attends their graduate business school

23 Likes

Power move.

3 Likes

Wow. solid solid resume there

5 Likes

Awesome. Hopkins has been a top-25 D3 team for the last couple of seasons.

4 Likes

Nice… my cousin played running back at John’s Hopkins from '94 to '97 knowing he wasn’t big enough to play post college and wanting to be a doctor… he’s now a thoracic surgeon in Philly. Great school!

5 Likes

Looks like Taine is on the way back to states, per his Instagram

5 Likes

Throw in the Italy trip and this kid’s racking up some frequent flyer miles!

2 Likes

Also, it seems like this question should be in a different thread, but I don’t know how to do that. But with Taine back, have the first-years arrived and is everyone finally together?

Expected back the end of this week.

1 Like

@HoozGotNext - you could close this one since I started a preseason thread.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a awesome move by Nixon.

Thanks. But the first years have already arrived, correct?

They get to C’ville June 18th

2 Likes

Part 3 finally dropped:
https://www.hoosplace.com/2022/10/25/basketball/7401/

5 Likes