2023 Men's Lacrosse

Old friend @brogdonfanpage roster breakdown. Hope Shellenberger can take the next step and become a legit Tewaaraton contender. Also hope our guys can beat some Maryland poles this year as that was the biggest issue against the Terps (although there probably won’t be any team near their level this year)

9 Likes

Nunes is really pedestrian this year. Not impressed with this guy at all. Hope this is just a slump…

For an undefeated team w/ a goalkeeper that is in a bit of a rut… I’ll take it. He has time to turn it around before the ACC & NCAA tourneys.

3 Likes

Big game tonight… hope folks are watching!

Tied 7 - 7 after the Terps just had a 4 goal run.

down 10 - 9 going into 4th quarter

Going into OT 13-13 vs Maryland if anyone is interested.

Wow. Maryland scores to pull ahead but their coach called a time out so score taken off the board. Heading to OT. On ACCN if anyone wants to watch

2 Likes

Ugh…

Disappointing end but that was one of the most ridiculous saves I’ve ever seen

2 Likes

Nunes can’t stop anything below his knees. Not all on him, but he needs to play better. Maryland was the better coached team, per usual (as Maryland usually is), we’ll get them in a few months…we are better.

https://twitter.com/uvamenslax/status/1639736624547262469?s=46&t=uWWx_Dkz2XN_W22Ad1tnww

11 Likes

If you had told me 4 years ago that Cuse would fall to the bottom of the ACC in lax, I would have laughed heartily. Cuse and Hopkins struggling is some development.

6 Likes

I assume with ACC backing and being a fully D1 athletic department this is a momentary dip for Syracuse. Hopkins might be sol until Tiffany and Tillman start to slip a bit

1 Like

Those schools benefited from being in original lacrosse hotbeds and having legendary players, but I think lax bros now would rather be at UVA than go to a med school in Baltimore or play in a dome in upstate NY

2 Likes

Older daughter and I visited Hopkins just before Covid hit. It was 20F and super windy while we were there. She ended up going to college in NY where it was warmer.

2 Likes

They have the institutional advantages blue bloods in every sport have. High school and travel coaches will still funnel kids to those schools. NY has a ton of talent so unless someone else emerges as the NY/NJ/Eastern PA power Cuse is 2 recruiting classes away from being back in contention

Hopkins biggest problem is simply UVA and Maryland. The clear top two programs are their neighbors. As long as that continues Hopkins will be stuck picking up the scraps

1 Like

Duke at Virginia right now on ESPNU for those that are interested.

1 Like

Down 8-6 at half. Could’ve been far worse but we made a nice run in the middle of the 2nd quarter to get back in it. Gotta play cleaner though, Dook seems to get in our head a bit and we force some really careless turnovers whenever we play them.

1 Like

Heading into the 4th down 15-11. Frustrating game, every time we’ve cut it to a one goal deficit we make a dumb turnover and Dook goes on a run.

2 Likes

Virginia loves letting it’s rivals living rent free

3 Likes