5 Takeaways from the FSU Game

I’ve started writing post game recaps in addition to the game previews. Been going with this format of summarizing the game and what the results tell us. Would love feedback on your thoughts on this style of summary. Is there another arrangement you’d like to see? Anyways, be on the look out for an update on Hoos in the NBA on the blog this weekend.

11 Likes

Love this type of game summary! Great job and on point!

4 Likes

Great read and I think all of it is definitely very accurate. Woldy needs to keep this up, mamadi has to continue to be a leader, and we just need to keep playing Tony Bennett and UVA basketball!

5 Likes

I agree Tony seems to have settled on his preferred lineup. Wondering where Kody fits in on his return? Did think lack of depth showed against FSU and he was missed.

5 Likes

Agreed. Lack of depth and options off the bench hurt us. Very little versatility between guys and lineups during the game

4 Likes

Thank for this great write up. It always is a nice feeling breaking down such a successful game.

Its encouraging that Tomas is finding his shot and Jay is finding his defense. These two points are huge difference makers.

With a deficiency of outside shooters this year, I agree that Kihei will have to take more risk thus more turnovers…Its just going to happen…However, having Jay, Mamadi, and Brax in there at the same time as the preferred lineup could make us one of the best rebounding teams in the league to offset those turnovers.

5 Likes

Nice write up I have to agree with most everything. Noticed the new ‘power lineup’ during the Ga Tech game, and glad to see they are getting more usage. With Tomas shooting and ball distribution improving improving that lineup gives the hoos the most options on the floor by far. I’m not sure how Kody fits in once he’s back. 2019/20 has not gone the way he would like. If he can find his shot over the last month then he becomes a nice alternative to Tomas and to a lesser degree Key, at least enough to give him a spell. But like we saw with Tomas it begins with the shot and until Kody is seen as a threat from the outside and has confidence in that shot, defenses will sag off and that causes problems for everyone else on the team with clogged lanes.

6 Likes

Great job. One thing that can’t be said enough is how important is the threat that Wodo has become in loosening opposing defenses. We can’t expect Kehei to carry us alone but I expect this may open up defenses enough that Jay and Mamadi may find a little more room to operate. Jay Huff continues to amaze me with his defensive improvement. Hopefully he can help out more on offense when needed. Mamadi showing signs of much needed maturity and leadership. Hoos are trending up

5 Likes

Great job, I love reading these after games.

3 Likes