A separate, complain about Italy games not streaming thread

I haven’t seen many espresso bars or couples on dates having a glass of vino at the Roy Rogers at Maryland House on 95. :joy:

3 Likes

(But I also love Maryland house, tbh)

3 Likes

Getting ready to drive away after secretly mounting a camera in a tiny Italian gym but Tony saw me

8 Likes

It’s not nearly as much fun when it isn’t annoying.

I’ve decided I don’t want them streamed. In fact, they could put it on ESPN in 3D and I would refuse to watch it.

So there!!

1 Like

My eyes after watching that Duke video…
Jean Claude Van Damme Reaction GIF

1 Like

That is Ronny? Loving the vida loca!

yea it is

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChFFP3zOrOO/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

4 Likes

Add the Johnnies to the streaming category. Streaming, replays, and box scores.

WARNING: the following contains actual FULL video of summer college hoops. Proceed with caution. I had previously thought this amazing technology was only available to every HS in the country, but apparently it’s found it’s way to the DR, as well.

(seems Papi Curbelo is struggling a bit. Maybe not a surprise…)

1 Like

I think we have more pictures and videos of the team eating and making pasta than game footage. That should not be the case.

7 Likes

Comical that the head coach views a college basketball program as Fort Knox.

1 Like

In all honesty if they were to stream these games, by game 2 there’d probably be 200 live viewers and the majority of them would be disgusted by what they see. There isn’t exactly a lot of chatter about the teams who are streaming these games because very few people care.

4 Likes

I care

2 Likes

Also, I’m constantly disgusted. But that’s okay. I survive.

1 Like

A band I follow, figured out that they had a small, but very loyal (and very affluent) following. So instead of trying to get lots of people at $10, they try and get fewer at $200 or $500. We could try that strategy for these games. (and maybe $200 is too much but you get my drift).

3 Likes

Once again my man @HoozGotNext nailed it.

Also, a more serious point on all this. I think for a few teams, this is closer to a “business decision”. Maybe Kentucky, Duke, and one or two other more “professional” SEC teams.

But then there are just teams that do it (I suspect) because it’s a minimal extra cost/burden and it’s an easy goodwill gesture to fans and the majority of family who won’t pay for a Euro trip to watch their kids in the summer.

5 Likes

Also, on the more earnest side of this: the reason this kind of annoys me is that I would legit expect that fans who come to a hoops message board in July and August would love to watch more hoops. But instead of a universal acclimation, all of a sudden everyone is an athletic director, or a management consultant, or an accountant.

Not me – I’m just a dumb fan. And I want to watch more UVa hoops. And I’m surprised that only a few seem to share that perspective.

6 Likes

I think there are a number of us who would like to watch more hoops and would love to see these games streamed. But just speaking for myself, while I was initially mildly frustrated and said as much, I accepted they weren’t going to be streamed when we got that confirmed several weeks ago. So since then, I just haven’t found it worth my emotional energy to revisit it too much.

That’s not saying others shouldn’t! By all means go ahead. Just noting why I at least haven’t joined in with more posts taking issue with it. I’m guessing there are some others in the same boat as me.

6 Likes

HGN is obviously just running interference for Tony so he can stay in his scoops’ good graces

3 Likes