ACC Basketball November

I haven’t watched much of Lively, but how is he at <10% usage on the year? Reluctant, ineffective, or something else? Proctor also not giving them much that shows up on the stat sheet so far this year.

2 Likes

Filipowski would have red shirted here

2 Likes

coming off injury but from reading dook board they seem pretty unimpressed with him as well.

There was always concern that he didn’t have much offense to his game out of HS.
Dunks and blocks and maybe jacks an open 3.

Kyle Filipowski is their best freshmen and that’s not a good thing;

2 Likes

Interested to see Armando Bacot matchup vs that Iowa State center.

Battle of oldstyle bruiser vs new age long wingspan mobile forward. If Iowa State wins we should never offer a true big ever again.

2 Likes

St Bonaventure lost like their entire starting 5 as grad transfers who wanted to test themselves in power 5 conferences I think.

Cmon acc.

Ven Allen Lubin with 10pt 13 rebounds. Adding him to the transfer list.

3 Likes

What if UNC goes undefeated, but makes every single game super tight? That’d be interesting. Currently up 3

1 Like

Iowa St might end up overranked after beating mediocre Villanova and if they beat “#1” UNC that the computer ratings have as actually more like #20.

1 Like

Carolina down 3 with 20 seconds left.

2 Likes

So I guess they do have issues.

2 Likes

Watching Carolina lose in football then switching channels to watch them lose in basketball 5 minutes later was a lot of fun

19 Likes

Moral of the story. Never recruit a true center.

1 Like

False. You need one for matchup purposes and to eat up fouls to protect your other bigs. Another team will recruit true centers, and you need someone who can body them up, box ‘em out, etc.

1 Like

Nah they become unplayable because you play a mobile shooter at the 5 and the true big on the other team spends the entire game in foul trouble or giving up a million points on pick n roll.

See Hauser Murphy Huff and Mamadi Braxton Hunter during the natty year. You can recruit 6’11/7 footers but have them be forwards like Kadin and Huff.

It’s reasonable to want to have one on the roster. But im insane.

1 Like

So 6’11 and 7 foot big men that can shoot are probably pretty rare- even though we got Huff and Kadin we don’t have anyone on the horizon like that. In addition Kadin is actually more of a true center as he’s not on the perimeter shooting threes anyways. I would take Jack Salt on this team EVERY year.

4 Likes

Well, we haven’t recruited one since Kadin. Not to say we won’t, but at the moment tou have Traudt and Buchanan as our ‘5s’ going forward

1 Like

You mean the Jack Salt who is a team player and content to fill a role that involves coming off the bench and making big contributions when the match-up is favorable? Yes, I think there’s space on a 13-man roster for a player like that.

https://twitter.com/hoopvision68/status/1112210991482310656

2 Likes

Blake Buchanan is the perfect modern 5. Of course gonna take a few years for him to adjust to college.

Traudt is also probably going to play a lot of 5 for us in his career and probably start at the 5 sort of like Jared Utoff at Iowa.

3 Likes

Clemson is likely going down to Iowa. The ACC would’ve benefitted from a win there.

6 Likes

I think @bfmcap said it but none of the duke 1st years look like one and dones

5 Likes

All these kids in the 2022 and 2023 class are kids impacted by COVID in terms of their development or having their ego inflated because they were a 19 year old playing 16 and 17 year olds as someone doing extra high school.

But they for someone reason think they are entitled to even more things or think “Im a 5 star so I have to be a one and done”. Woof.