ACC POY at this point

It’ll be Hurt

1 Like

No one deserves it this year so just give it to Mike Scott to right a past wrong.

13 Likes

Yeah I think unless Duke loses out, it will probably be Hurt. Pitt fell off a cliff so that takes out Champagnie. I think Carlik Jones and Alvarado should be in the conversation, but neither jumps out at you as POTY worthy. Hauser and Huff split votes and we’ve been sliding recently

2 Likes

If Alvarado is in the conversation, I’d put Moses Wright up there too, as I think he’s actually been the more impactful GT player from a stats perspective.

2 Likes

I think this is right. I do wonder, in the off chance that we win the regular season title, if one of Hauser or Huff would jump Hurt. But I think Hurt leading the league in scoring probably does it for the standard voter

1 Like

No clue who wins at this point, lol

2 Likes
13 Likes

Kenpom agrees

3 Likes

They should make unmarried players ineligible.

4 Likes

Been thinking about this and I think it’s Sam’s to lose. If he goes gor a double-double and the Hoos win on Saturday he slides in. If that doesn’t happen… I have no idea

2 Likes

Seriously though, who’s in second? Huff? Alvarado? Hurt?

1 Like

I’d vote Alvarado. Hurt was up there but last 2 games killed his shot

1 Like

It’s still gonna be Hurt

2 Likes

That would be ridiculous :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d vote for Moses Wright all things considered.

1 Like

of late, heck yeah for Moses Wright.

i get why most on this board are discounting it, but i just do not trust the voters to see Champagnie 2nd in scoring (could pass Hurt still) and 1st in rebounding - by a lot, and not just default to him, given the other flawed candidates.

i mean, Erick Green was able to get it in 2013 on a 4-14 team.

given how the stats usually go, seems reasonable that the first team would then be him, Hurt, Jones from LvL, Hauser, and either a Moses Wright or Aluma

5 Likes

Wrights a great choice esp with his olay of late. I personally would take Alvarado over him but it’s tough. Champagine was my first choice most of the year but Pitt was so awful and while his stats were good they weren’t earh shattering

2 Likes

Packer and Durham breaking down this topic during halftime of the Clemson-Cuse game and they pegged it as a four-man race between Hurt, Jones, Wright and Champagnie

:thinking:
The counting stats may not be as good for Hauser but those percentages, the advanced stats, and the eye test… wow

6 Likes

Yea Packer and Durham are the perfect example of how the vast majority of voters think. In many ways its unfortunately an award awarded by casuals, but which aren’t in today’s day and age.

7 Likes