⛹ Anthony Robinson Official Thread

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1652364739551404032?s=20

29 Likes

Seems like one of those recruitments where Tony saw something and wanted to locked it down before anyone else saw it, too. Those usually work out well for us.

19 Likes

I really like this guy. Athletic guy who has potential. Good developmental pick for Tony

15 Likes

We Got Him Ladies And Gentlemen GIF - We Got Him Ladies And Gentlemen Em - Discover & Share GIFs

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/AnthonyRob35/status/1652367986957721601

23 Likes

I don’t know what it is but I really like this kid like a lot. Feels like one of those you look back 4 yrs from now and say “how was this guy only a 3star?”

I have a good feeling about him and I rarely get hyped/attached to a recruit

29 Likes

exactly. Was just thinking he looks like a guy in 3 years who will either effectively neutralize or simply outperform Duke’s top-10 freshman counterpart.

16 Likes

Some might be disappointed that this is essentially our 2024 big but assuming Buchanan is a 3-4 year guy I think it’s a great pickup

5 Likes

He’s kinda like if Badocchi was 6’10 I think, and I very much mean that as a compliment. Very lean and athletic, has that pogo stick ability to get off the floor quickly, and has some dunks that make you go “oh shit where’d that come from”. Both were also late bloomers as far as their recruitment.

Francesco would’ve been a really solid player for us in time had he not been a musical savant. I think the same for Robinson but with higher upside as a true 5.

4 Likes

Nice!!!

2 Likes

You say “lean” but the fact that he is 230 already I think of muscular. Lean to me his Huff, Kadin etc.

I love the fact that he is 230 meaning that won’t be an obstacle that we have to worry about determining his playing time.

4 Likes

Robinson has already signed with UVA, his dad told me.

48 Likes

100% he’s muscular. He carries the 230 very well and will likely pack on another 10-15. And could do more if he chooses too. Not often you find bigs with his athleticism that can do that

13 Likes

I don’t pretend to be an expert in armchair evaluation. But from my amateur perspective, Robinson – for all his rawness – strikes me as someone who already moves fluidly and has soft hands, which is a pretty good baseline. He doesn’t have the bull-in-a-china-shop look of Papi or the newborn foal gangliness of young Mamadi. I doubt he’ll contribute much next year, but I’m optimistic about his development and upside.

15 Likes

Sounds weird to say but I kinda like the fact that Robinson doesn’t have a jump shot and isn’t a guy you run offense through… because he won’t be asked to do those things here and so if he had those abilities he’d be unhappy with his role. (Yeah, I’m thinking a bit of Kadin’s parting remarks.) Robinson’s offensive skill set looks to be exactly what Tony wants from the center position (when he’s not running five-out): dunks, lobs, putbacks, and rebounds. (I assume that big body can screen too, and if he can’t, he’ll learn.)

10 Likes

Is there a short clip of him shooting a free throw?

4 Likes

If there is I’m afraid to watch. :joy: In the 8-minute highlight reel someone shared, he took only one shot outside of 2 feet, and that was a 4-footer that he line-drived at the backboard because he was being fouled.

7 Likes

looks like a great pick up. Let’s redshirt him and put him on the bench

2 Likes

I would like to see his shot too. All I’ve seen is dunks and bunnies and he missed some of thrm so we know that he’s a good fit

1 Like