šŸŗ Beer Fanatics Only

Theyā€™ve done a major disservice to my employer by opening a brewery adjacent to my office building

3 Likes

That looks pretty legit need to see if I can get my hands on some down here.

3 Likes

With Spring upon us and no UVa basketball to consume me (recruiting is not something that consumes me like others)ā€¦ what are the good brews everyone is enjoying?

I was at Bottoms Up Pizza in Richmond this past month when I was home and tried Crazy Pils from Solace Brewing out of Dulles. Not bad!

2 Likes

Of course Iā€™ll jump in stopped by here yesterday for happy hr with the fam. Enjoyed their new Vienna style lager just for you @jazznutUVA a d the pizza ia spot on

3 Likes

Beer drinker is the heroā€¦ perfect worldā€¦

https://twitter.com/cctvidiots/status/1646862569825800193?s=20

3 Likes

If this shit was real imma get teary

1 Like

You think it is fake? I guess it could beā€¦ but why fake it? Ratings and viewsā€¦ I guess I answered my own question.

1 Like

Man I have no clue. Internet bro

Lets believe its real, way better

3 Likes

Man, family out tonight at an event and Iā€™m at home watching a movie. Had this awesome NE IPA from Chicago.

Called ā€œAll Sides are Greenā€ from Hop Butcher out of Chicago. Got it at my local bottle shop. Quality.

4 Likes

Thank you for your service :saluting_face:

4 Likes

Nice the NE IPA feels kinda cliche now but damm there are some good ones out there

2 Likes

So I was literally just walking down this alley today! I am in Brussels for a couple days for a conference. Any recs on good Belgian beers to try? Other than the obvious (Duvel, Delirium, Leffe, Schlitz, etc.) Or decent, not way way too touristy places to grab one?

2 Likes

If you can find itā€¦Trappist Westvleteren 12ā€¦ you wonā€™t be able to find it in the US very easily.

Considered the best Trappist beer in the world!

5 Likes

You could also take the bullet train for 3 hours towards Frankfurt and I can drink some good German beer with you. :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome! Gives me a mission for Sunday. This is my 3rd time in Brussels, but Iā€™ve still never been to Germany! Was actually thinking of trying Ghent for a morning or afternoon. I think itā€™s only ~45 minutes by train

2 Likes

Itā€™s not farā€¦ Dunkirk isnā€™t far away either if you are looking for a WWII thingā€¦ the clost historical thing if you want to take a quick train is Waterlooā€¦ just north of you.

You arenā€™t far from the Maginot Line eitherā€¦

Alsoā€¦ The Westvleteren will be a challengeā€¦ let me know if you are successful, but you wonā€™t be disappointed.

2 Likes

Just remembering the Trappist stuff in general is helpful. Iā€™m mostly a wine guy these days, but obviously will be drinking some beer here.

1 Like

Soā€¦ the higher the number on the Trappistā€¦ the more rounds of hops are used in the brewing processā€¦ so a 12 will have more sugar and be sweeter than a 10 than an 8ā€¦ 6ā€™s are bathwaterā€¦ stay away from them.

2 Likes

@haney lilā€™ pro tip: download the Untappd app. The app is mostly checking in beers, rating them, and tagging your location.

For your purposes, you can search the specific one you want to try, and see recent check-ins and where people were drinking it.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like