Bob Marley song thread by Fresh

GG park obviously means GG Jackson to UVA. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Where is GG Park and how can I get there?

1 Like

He can walk walk, but he’ll never get away, no he’ll never get away

1 Like

Drive down to Charlottesville and head due west. If you hit the Pacific Ocean, turn around and go back a few blocks.

3 Likes

Perfect. Man I always get lost in CVille. After all these years somehow

1 Like

Fresh - don’t want you to get lost in C’ville trying to find Simbaud walking his dog.

4 Likes

You were in Sublime!? Wow. Most interesting man in the world stuff right there.

2 Likes

Love these old Wailers songs pre Chris Blackwell. So raw

2 Likes

Some of my favs already mentioned but a shout out for Exodus and Skankin.

2 Likes

btw, this is really good site by Google for Bob Marley lovers:

Love this. For anyone that wants the deep dive Timothy White’s book Catch a Fire is an amazing biography on Bob and Jamaica music scene in general

2 Likes

Just went down a rabbit hole after looking up Catch a Fire on google and learned how Peter Tosh died. Man that’s rough.

2 Likes

wild stories

1 Like

Certainly not as heavy or meaningful as much of Marley’s stuff, but I love Reggaemylitis.

2 Likes

“Babylon by Bus” is my favorite Bob Marley & The Wailers album. Just an amazing live album.

1 Like

Positive Vibrations yeah! I have an unreal DVD of this one in California concert back in the day. We didnt have Easters in my years but imagine it looked like that

3 Likes

Wish I could find a picture of it, but one of my favorite t-shirts ever was a JMU basketball t-shirt. It was basically the Uprising album cover with the words “JMU” and “to the hoop” added to it. I think they added a basketball to Marley’s hand. Wore that shirt until it was in tatters.

2 Likes

I gotta get you a picture of one of my Bob shirts I am hangin onto that is beyond in tatters

1 Like

Oh that’s a great one. Was just listening to some tracks from that.

1 Like