Did this drive against UNC in the 2018 tourney contribute to Dre's injury?

I was rewatching the 2018 ACC tournament final, and on this replay, I noticed that Dre’s already-injured wrist smacked against the rim on this drive:

I don’t know much about wrist anatomy, but I wonder if it exacerbated the injury that ultimately led to him being ruled out for the NCAA tournament.

I am no doctor, so I have no clue, but even if it didn’t aggravate it, it may have been pretty good evidence that playing through the injury wasn’t a good idea long term. Also, just wild guessing here, but maybe they didn’t X-ray it until they were back in Cville?

I thought it was a fall in the Clemson game that caused it

1 Like

Yes - Kamikaze was asking if the UNC play made it worse. But if it’s broken, it’s broken. Like, I said, though, I’m not a doctor. Don’t like 'em or trust them either. Give them an x-ray and a scrip book, and they think they’re god? Pfff, don’t get me started.

2 Likes

I still secretly believe the injury started during the gang tackle after the crazy Louisville game-winner (then worsened v Clemson). But any time you want to blame something on Carolina I’m there for it.

5 Likes