Do we have anyone who will ever make an NBA regular-season roster?

(Sorry, but after the loss to San Fransisco, minus Bill Cartwright, Bill Russell, or K.C. Jones, I had to re-phrase my question until the team gives me reason to restore it, which hopefully will be very soon)

What’s your opinion on this?
I’m going to pick Reece Beekman. He reminds me a little of Kenny Smith, the former UNC All-American.

You’ve got to go with Sam Hauser at this point…He has already proven much more when it comes to his skills…Trey Murphy has had 1 great game with us so far and played in a less competitive division for a couple of years. He needs more time to prove his skill level…But its looking more and more like Murphy does have some serious potential.

1 Like

Very good points.
I was reading on Wahoos247 about Jason Williford scouting Murphy in high school. Murphy must be 6-8, but he looks like he doesn’t shave yet, so he may not be done growing.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s a legit 6’9”. Played as a combo guard when he was younger, shooting guard in high school. Got another story coming soon breaking down his relationship with Virginia in high school, then his decision to transfer, and his choice of uva.

5 Likes

Murphy reminds me of Scottie Pippen with his length, skinny body, and ball handling at his height.

4 Likes

Yes, seeing him play a game for the first time, as opposed to seeing him doing his highlights, he and every one of our players, has a lot to prove. I’m watching the ACCN, and they are not being nice to us. The studio analyst is saying that Clark has to be more of a leader out there. And he said that we didn’t play as hard as he expected us to. But UVa seemed very confused by the defense that they’ve been playing at UVa for years, didn’t they? Did Tony Bennett suddenly switch to a new defensive scheme?

3 Likes

Someone else pointed out, we have 4 players in our rotations who weren’t on the court last year and 1 who was (McKoy) but barely ever played. Of course practice for a year, but in game execution is a different beast. We need to gel some to get rotation and hedge movements right.

4 Likes

Yes. And I noticed that San Fransisco had to replace 3 starters.

1 Like

Oh yeah’s its not an entire excuse. But it is something.

After three games it appears Shedrick has the most NBA potential

2 Likes

You maybe right also presently surprised by Justin as a long-term prospect

1 Like

I really thought Justin should have played more last year. Always looks comfortable in his own skin when be is on the court

3 Likes

They needed McKoy’s offense last year … he should have gotten most of the minutes behind Key and Diakite and Huff

1 Like

Yes, he has a lot of potential.
I was hoping that Francisco Caffaro would see more minutes here: he was a good international player. He looks closer to 6-9 than his listed 7-0 though.