Dominoes may Fall

Jordan Longino will announce his commitment this Thursday, July 23rd. I would expect it to be Villanova. If this turns out to be true, one would think its a positive sign we are in an even better spot with Trevor Keels.

6 Likes

Wonder if this is going to be a trend of guys grabbing spots. Hope it bodes well for UVA/Keels soon.

2 Likes

I think this happens organically every year as the slots start filling up… I just think this is a weird year because school visits and open recruiting periods have been non-existent.

1 Like

I think if the NCAA soon announces no fall official visits, you are going to get the equivalent of a 5 year old smashing all the dominoes

3 Likes

Unfamiliar with Villanova’s scholarship situation, would they be unable to take both Keels and Longino? I root for Nova in the Big East but that may come to an end if they nab both Keels and Longino lol

1 Like

They can. 5 open schollies technically (assuming one of their NBA prospects leaves early next year). They probably have been pitching the idea of the two playing together for both, and they did not take a 2020 class I believe.

Gonna copy my post from 247 cause im lazy lol

It also may be good news that in that the NOVA insiders were talking about how they could have had Longino at any time but were holding off for a Trevor Keels commit… unless they convinced Trevor and Longino that they could play together and they know this commitment wont deter Trevor.

A lot more similarities between Longino and Keels than Warley and Keels. I think Warley and Keels are much better able to co-exist since Warley is more of a point guard/combo guard who can play with Reece, while Keels is a 2-4 guy who can also bring the ball up the court

3 Likes

I know nothing but have a hard time believing Nova would take a commit from Longino knowing it would take them out for Keels. I’m sure it’s still game on for Keels

5 Likes

Yeah between Longino and Patterson those are now two “wing-type” players and Nova still wants a true PG like Rashool Diggins or Stevie Mitchell. Very possible Keels banks on his own talent and doesn’t mind the class competition, but the clear opportunity is more crowded than it was.

2 Likes

I agree but Longino is no scrub, if he wants to commit you take him regardless

3 Likes

The talent gap between Keels and Longino is not as large as we think it is. Longino has the potential to be very good.

That being said staff obviously prefer Keels and I do too (I think we all do LOL)

3 Likes

He would probably be rated higher in recruiting rankings but I remember HGN saying many coaches always thought he was nova bound so they didn’t bother offering or recruiting him

2 Likes

I assume Longino is going to Villanova. It’s been weird. Been total silence about him. Not just with Virginia but all other schools. So I wonder if he didn’t quietly commit a little while back.

1 Like

Longino is a great shooter

2 Likes

That would fall in line with what Villanova was saying about Keels. It may actually have been Longino

2 Likes

Maybe a bit inside baseball, but is it likely the coach already knows where Longino’s going Thursday?

Yeah. Most recruits contact all the coaches involved before they put something like that out. And he’s certainly already told the school he’s committing to. The really annoying situations are where the kid puts out an announcement date weeks or months away. He knows where he’s going but still wastes coaches time.

6 Likes