Dragon's 2021 College Football Picks Week 12

Last week I went 5-5, but made a nice chunk thanks to doubling down on Notre Dame. However, I feel a little dirty because I hate betting against the Hoos, but business is business. On the year I’m 34-43. Two weeks left in the regular season let’s see if I can get into some good kind of trouble.

Oregon +3 vs. Utah
Nice Top 25 Pac 12 matchup here. The Utes have been on a roll, and the Ducks are getting a lot of Hurricane winds blowing around their program. This is a game that will come down to ball control and which line can assert their will. When it comes to that give me the Oregon Oline to do their thing against Utah, and work in a lot of QB run options to pound the ball and keep it out of Utah’s hands. Oregon +3

Stanford +1.5 vs. Cal
They tell me there was a time this was a big rivalry game. I don’t remember that. But I also claim that Virginia VT is a rivalry game so what do I know. Both of these teams have been disappointments this year. And with the number of games Cal starters have missed each other, they may have to introduce themselves to one another on Saturday. Stanford is getting their QB back, and they should win an ugly slug fest. Stanford +1.5

Oklahoma St. -9.5 vs. Texas Tech
I am already regretting this pick because it has OSU flop written all over it. But I’m hoping Gundy can keep the Cowboys head straight and focused on the opponent at hand and not Bedlam. Oklahoma St. -9.5

Nebraska +9.5 vs. Wisconsin
When did Wisconsin get good? Last time I saw them they gave up 36 points to Notre Dame in a quarter. Since then they’ve run off five consecutive victories and in the process likely secured the B1G West. Nebraska is lowkey good, on defense at least. More importantly they play competitive games. This is an instance where the CornHuskers keep it tight against the Badgers and cover. Nebraska +9.5

Ole Miss. vs. Vanderbilt Under 65.5
If everyone was healthy and this was an early season game, I’d say Ole Miss hits the over by themselves. But that’s not the situation we will se eon Saturday. Ole Miss still has a lot to play for and the Egg Bowl is next weekend against Miss. State. If Lane Kifin wants to finish strong and up his odds of landing in Baton Rouge next season, he’ll have to play it smart and conserve his personnel. Ole Miss wins easily but slows it down to protect their players. Under 65.5

FSU +2 vs. Boston College
Maybe knocking off rival Miami is the catalyst to finally get FSU on track? Or maybe Saturday is a perfect trap game between two in-state rivalry games… Alas I’m sticking with FSU to go on the road in the cold and come away with the win. FSU +2

Michigan St. vs. Ohio State Under 68.5
Power house B1G match up here. With a ton of offensive potential. However, Mel Tucker and MSU at their core are a run first team that can eat a ton of clock. Walker won’t spring loose for the homerun plays we’ve seen all season against a fast and capable OSU defense. That will make this a more contested game. Under 68.5

Florida -8 vs. Missouri
Florida is not good, but Mizzu is worse. Dan Mullen is likely coaching out the string in Gainesville, but that’s not going to be enough to keep the Gators from knocking out the Tigers. Florida -8

Pitt -14.5 vs. Virginia
It looks like Vegas has caught up to a BA-less Virginia squad and is pounding them against the Panthers. The line opened at Hoos +11.5 and has already moved three points. It’s getting awfully close to that point where I’d like to jump in on the Hoos. If you can find it at 15.5 or tease it up around that I say go with the Hoos on a small bet. Other than that I’d avoid this one. Pitt wins.

2 Likes

Uva line dropped to +13 eith BA officially back in. Doesn’t change my feeling on the line actually confirms I want to stay away.

1 Like

How bout hitting the under on the OSU game after they droped 49 in the first half?

3 Likes

Hm. Florida is that bad…

You cant be UFs coach and lose to SC and Mizzu in a yr. Nice knowing you Dan Mullen. Enjoy Nick Dabans coach rehab

2 Likes

5-3 what a week. Finish strong

3 Likes