Dragon's 2021 College Football Picks Week 4

Last week we got things back on the winning track going 3-2 and brining my overall record to 9-9. More importantly I’m no longer couch surfing and am living in a shed out back of the Dragon Estate. With the Hoos preparing to kick off in a few hours (I hate Friday games) let’s not waste any time here.

Kansas St. +6 vs. Oklahoma St.
Oddly enough this a game between Big 12 teams with good defenses. This is not your typical Mike Gundy Air Raid offense, they are struggling to score points, and put teams away. They won their last two games by a combined total of 11 points. I like K-State to keep this one close in a losing effort. K-State +6

Toledo -4.5 vs. Ball State:
Toledo has some high moments this season, taking ND to the brink, and they followed it up losing to Colorado St. by 16. Basically there two versions of Toledo currently, and their real identity is somewhere in the middle. What is known is Ball State is bad. Like 110th in the country bad. Toledo takes care of business here. Toledo 4.5

Cal +7 vs. Washington Under 46.5
The Pac 12 is off to a rough start this season. If it was up to me, BYU would play Fresno for the conference title. As far as Cal and Washington goes, the Bears tend to show up for this matchup beating the Huskies the last two times as double digit dogs. I could be talked into taking the money line and Cal straight up here, but I’ll play it safe take the points, and the under. Cal +7 and under 46.5.

Wyoming -30 vs. UConn
UConn is awful, and somehow made even worse with a lame duck coach. They’ve failed to cover all season. Wyoming is capable of putting up points and have done it in their last two games. Wyoming -30.

Wisconsin -6 vs. Notre Dame Over 45
This has slugfest written all over it. Notre Dame has underachieved all season as far as I’m concerned. They’ve yet to look like a formidable playoff contender in any of their three outings. Wisconsin got blooded by a very good Penn State team, but outside of that they’ve played the part of B1G contender. ND averages 277 across their D-Line and have been gashed by every team they’ve played. Wisconsin runs the ball, even when it doesn’t work, and they average 312 across the board on the o-line. Look for the Badgers to pound the rock and I think both teams put up points in an ugly game. Wisconsin -6 and the over 45.

Virginia -3.5 vs. Wake Forest: Under 70
The Hoos are going to work on a Friday night. A short week after getting run out of Capel Hill on Saturday night. Wake Forest beat the brakes off Florida State over the weekend, but I’m not sure that is too impressive nowadays. If this wasn’t a fan forum I would never look at this game, I don’t trust the Virginia defense for anything, and I could see this breaking either way. I do think the total at 70 is a bit generous, that’s a lot of points, and while I know Brennan can light it up, I don’t think Wake keeps up the high points outpoint.

1 Like

My man Dragon got us all over the place here. Solid work. Imma go under 70 our game. please tell me its atleast on Espn

1 Like

And just like that Fresh has UVa -3.5.

I’m with Dragon on the under

PS It’s on ESPN2 7pm

3 Likes

Y’all have way more confidence in our D than I do. I’d take the over.

1 Like

Yes! I just think the offense cant keep current pace. And small improvement on D

Well frick. It may be a long night. Hope my negative juju reverse jinxs us

1 Like

Its football bruh. part the game

1 Like

…yeah. The defense is trash

1 Like

Glad I can’t bet on UVA with Virginia’s approved gambling apps… Looks like you are solid with the under… Let’s hope Dragon’s other picks hit as well.

3 Likes

Happy I nailed the under. Had a feeling last night may play out like that. The Hoos fromt 4 got worked. And the front 5 on O were awful

1 Like

Yea and we had hung our hat on the Offensive line this year

1 Like

Can’t believe I took the over on the ND game in retrospect. What a snooze fest

Tune in to fox and see how your essy 6.5 cover disappears before your eyes

I have under points NCState Clemson. Hooever has over wins money there. I usually take over in States games cause of my early 90s memories of them going all out

1 Like

Hah that’s a smart take on state i feel like

1 Like

Huh guess i Brian Kelly also had the over.

1 Like

Refs really tripled down on A&M after that bad call haha

I’m not sure Arkansas needs any help

1 Like

Also congrats to Arkansas the new NWA Texas state champion.