Dream Recruits (maybe non-UVA related)

Isaiah Otyaluk with 20 points vs Blue Ridge

Guard wings to add:
Shaedon Simpson (3 and D wing)
Jaiden Glover (complete guard/Brogdon type)

Forward wings to add (both of these can be reclassed and redshirted in our numerous open scholarships for next season)
Isaiah Otyaluk (3pt shooting skilled forward)
Damarien Yates (Akil/Darion versatile forward)

And with any remaining spots add pgs and a project 5 year center (we arenā€™t getting sorber lol. Especially with Buchanan and Traudt both expected to man down the 5).

2 Likes

I seen where your favorite pg liked the IG post about Tony getting his 400th win.

2 Likes

And who is the favorite point guard?

1 Like

That is a good question. I think Freitag is off the table with the ND football offer. Who is the next man up? We have the Bub, Kihei replacement. Who is the Ty/Perantes replacement?

1 Like

Of kids on our radar so far Christian Bliss or Ty Davis. But also a strong potential for an off the radar kid to fill this role.

1 Like

Thanks. Hope we land one early.

Something about this kid is just so Tony Bennett. Pass first player from a random midwest town where his dad is the high school coach.

Heā€™s averaging 13 pts 4 rebounds 3.3 assists and 2 steals a game while shooting 45% from 3 and 60% from the field. Only freshman in D2 on their national player of the year watchlist.

Also saw his aau highlights from last year were just posted a month ago (a few of the clips against Isaac Traudtā€™s team). Some aspects of his game and movement are a lot like McKneely. And I think @BDragon hit it on the head that this kid comes from an area that is not heavily scouted in general/let alone in the age where coaches are spending even less time recruiting HS kids with the portal and spending barely any time at non-big 3 shoe events (Nike Adidas Underarmour).

How does a high school game 20 years ago (in video below) have better quality than flo sports today? lol.

2 Likes

Also on the topic of D2

2 Likes

Ty Davis is who i was talking about. Itā€™s obvious he follows a lot of UVA stuff. I like him too

4 Likes

New Rule. At least one person with the first name Bennett on the roster at all times.

8 Likes
3 Likes

How does it work going from D2 to D1? Does he have to declare in some way or can he be recruited directly like out of high school?
Folks seem to be advertising this guy.

5 Likes

All one portal for college guys

4 Likes

Heā€™ll be on the first flight outta Omaha after the spring reunion.

1 Like

Dream recruit is Caleb Foster realizing neither of Roach or Proctor are going pro and asks out

8 Likes

Posting this here because not sure if heā€™s still on the radar or not.

vs Taison Chatman

His game reminds me a lot of Jalen Brunson

1 Like

I see what you mean. Jalen- Andre Miller

Andre Miller career Madness record?
11-4
Jalen Brunson:
13-1
I would gladly take either one ā€¦ of course prefer Brunsonā€™s 2 titlesā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes