🏀 Dream Recruits thread Class of 2025

Id rather full on blitz than half ass hedge and slow recover

5 Likes

Houston is a team full of athletic ass dudes.

8 Likes

Yes, their whole team is made up of guys like Dunn Beekman and Gertrude.

7 Likes

Hard hedge isn’t inherently the issue, but you gotta have two blue collar bigs who are athletic and can haul ass back to the paint off the hedge in order for it to work the way it’s supposed to. We had success with it in the past because guys like Mitchell, Atkins, Gill, Zay, Salt, and Diakite worked like madmen on defense, and the same goes for Houston and their frontcourt. Also helps to have strong guards who put pressure on the ball and cut off passing lanes.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/garyleeh1988/status/1766601985036292284

sad cry GIF by Youdeo

4 Likes

Instead of running towards the ball carrier they run parallel with the half court line without charging forward like we do

Great observation

If you don’t want to watch the entire video skip to 2:32 and he does the direct comparison between us and Houston

5 Likes

Heh, just linked the same thing in the Xs and Os thread.

2 Likes

Oops my b

It is playing like you are on offense when you are on defense. In these examples look how Houston has the ball handler backing up and retreating on the blitz or hedge…

Hard to find an answer how to attack it when they run it that way

2 Likes

I’d be thrilled to get Dilione, Chatman, or even Trey Green. Those guys are good basketball players.

1 Like

Screw Trey Green. He showed us up on purpose.

5 Likes

Of those three Id take Dilione in a heart beat. There is actually a lot of similarities in his game to Reece despite having completely different body types.

Could see him having a hunter sallis impact with opportunity.

Dilione McKneely Ward Lubin Buchanan. With no hard hedging. And 250th in pace, not dead last.

3 Likes

Oh how I’ve missed you Transfer Tapes.
https://twitter.com/TransferTapes/status/1766557942814278088

9 Likes

Obligatory “yes please”

1 Like

Lorenzo Romar might be the worst in-game coach in the country to go 13-20 in the WCC with Porter, Ajayi, and Mallette.

4 Likes

Are there any present or future prospects in the Central Virginia area? (that includes Charlottesville, Albemarle, Western Albemarle, Fork Union, STAB (other than the two we know of there), Nelson County, Monticello, Louisa, Miller School, William Monroe, Fluvanna, etc.)?

There are some tall, fairly strong players, but I don’t know if they’re prospects.

1 Like

Other than chance, probably not unless someone transfers in.

1 Like

Might be a kid who’s a late bloomer outta Nelson County. Gonna be a project to see how he develops over the next 2 yrs but I got an eye on him

2 Likes