Duke Game thread

Kansans is 5-0…

So, Jaland Lowe just committed to Pitt.

He looked pretty solid at least for a bit over the summer. Be interesting to see how he develops there.

Yes, I consider this the correct thread for that discussion.

2 Likes

So…anyone have any more fish tournament cheating/fighting clips?

6 Likes

BA is beyond having the yips. Dude needs to be left to slangin the rock and not pin pointing

2 Likes
  1. Dont Hire first time coaches at UVA. We arent able to recruit the talent that can make up for coaching deficiencies of a new coach learning to manage on the job.
  2. Service academy coaches should be where we poach from. I like the Marshall and ECU coaches. Or hire a coach thats won like 30 D2 titles in a row or something. Feels like there is always a coach like that (like Leipold at Kansas)
  3. Dont try to run pro style football. We need gimmicky football since we arent paying players straight up

Still confused as to why we try to change the offense completely. We return a lot of players who thrived in the last system, and who are all wanting to leave after this season (now to transfer). Next year’s schedule is harder and recruiting isn’t so hot. Play a style that fits the players, use that to rack up wins and get momentum in the portal and recruiting, and then teach your new style to those players.

Instead we are going to have a mass exodus of transfers.

8 Likes

He aint cut out for this ish

I mean BA was a dark horse Heisman candidate coming into the season for a REASON.

And that reason was apparently Robert Anae.

3 Likes

He blue himself? (Not as funny when you type it)

2 Likes

Even the last few years Brennan’s mechanic has been weird, he throws to open receivers in Anae’s scheme/doesn’t throw people open like the elite elite qbs. And his decision making is still medicore. Nowhere near Perkins but he didn’t have to make as many decisions with Anae’s routes getting people open. But Brennan is a warrior and I feel for the kid.

6 Likes

Here we go:

3 Likes

Hahahah. The dudes with 30 D2 titles in 5 years are the best. Love this

2 Likes

Can’t agree more with most of this. We are never going to out-recruit and out-talent our competition. Don’t hire a coach known for recruiting, hire a guy who can scheme and coach up talent. Run an offensive system designed to give you a chance against superior talent.

Basically what we did in hiring Tony Bennett. We hired a guy who had a system that could compete against better talent and who could develop talent.

Paul Johnson won at GT with the triple option. Dave Clawson at Wake with his slow mesh.

Air Raid offense with a solid bend but don’t break defense is a winning combo for us.

I’m out for this season. VT game will be a pair of 3-8 teams playing for nothing.

3 Likes

Albeit playing for everything

SPOILER ALERT: Somehow, we’ll find a way to be the 3-9 team.

5 Likes

My curiosity left in all this is what happens when you have a qb with an accurate arm? Can this offense work with the right pieces?

Not saying it has to be world beaters but competence would be a start.

1 Like

Is it reductive to wonder why are we throwing it so often when our run game has had far more success?

Legitimate question because I know little about the Xs and Os of football.

2 Likes

I was actually feeling hopeful about the UL game this afternoon.

Now I think we might be an underdog in every game the rest of the way including against the zombie GT team.

2 Likes

Like right there Kemp wide open on the right side, and Brennan all the time in the world. And he’s staring at Keytaon double covered.

edit: like last game we have a drive that looks like last year. Why cant we play this way every drive.

1 Like

That PI was a gift.

We returned the gift