Exam Break Recruiting

In a world of crappy losses don’t miss that we are on a continuous unprecedented run of recruiting success

2 Likes

Come on we seen this movie before, UVA lead for 5 star recruit who loves Coach Bennett,recruit about ready to commit, Recruit push timeline back, new development blue blood gets visit from recruit, recruit commits to blue blood, same ending different player

He’s told UVA he’s coming according to multiple sources. UNC and Duke have pgs. NC State wasn’t up there but they got Robert Dillingham anyways. Auburn isn’t talking to him anymore. HGN even said in an older thread the only schools really keeping communication with him are Xavier and USC and they know it’s an uphill battle. You could be right but not every situation is the same. We were able to land top 40 recruits like Traudt and Jabri pretty smoothly. This is one that really just fell into our laps. If you want to be cautious until he is signed and committed then of course. Dont think Calipari is waiting to swoop in before the ink dries a la Juzang.

6 Likes

Man, we get it. You can stop beating this drum anytime we discuss a recruit

3 Likes

I don’t mind someone managing our expectations.

2 Likes

Beware bill “the swooper” self

2 Likes

I know one day we will land a 5 star and bust this narrative. I know this one looks pretty good. But man I can’t help but be very nervous with the whole “he told us he’s coming” narrative when it takes this long for him tell everybody else. I just can’t think of a credible explanation for why he would need to take so long to announce other than the decision not really being final.

2 Likes

That is big news if he comes in 22. That would be the end of the discussion about Clark coming back for 5th year right? No way the roster has room for him as 3rd PG.

3 Likes

My sense from afar is the tea leaves have been trending towards him not coming back, and one could reasonably infer the final decision to reclass and Kihei’s decision on coming back are related.

That’s a logical conclusion, but I recall HGN saying it’s unlikely he’d be ready to contribute next year, though that can and possibly could have changed based on his development curve.

2 Likes

Hearing Clark hasn’t decided, sense is he’s leaning toward staying though. Just my opinion, not based on any sort of intel, but I don’t see both Clark and Beekman at UVA next year. It’ll get worked out after the season.

As for Johnson. Yeah I’m sure he wants to play like everybody else. But their attitude is all about the bigger picture. If they believe he can improve more in college than high school, that’ll be the move. It’s probably not a coincidence though that the schools that hung around, Xavier and USC, are both looking to add a PG for next year.

6 Likes

Are you saying if Clark stays Beekman goes? I know it’s just your opinion.

A part of me is super excited about the future, but I’m also preemptively frustrated by the 2022-2023 rotation and minutes dispersement.

4 Likes

Probably, it just doesn’t make sense from a basketball perspective and the results are seen on the court. We’ve had this discussion to death. We play them both a lot this year because we don’t have much better options. Next year we will. Johnson will want some development PT and we’ll want to give it to him. No room for both of them next year. They’ll be a lot of guards on the roster next year:

One of Clark of Beekman, Franklin, Murray, McKneely, hopefully Johnson, Dunn and maybe Carson.

2 Likes

The best long term plan for the program is to fast track backcourt development of Murray McKneely, Dunn and Johnson next year. Cant do that with The 3 of Franklin Clark and Beeks taking all the mins

1 Like

Not exactly. Just things have a way of working out. These guys aren’t thinking about it that deeply right now. After the season they will. I doubt it’ll be agreeable to both.

4 Likes

This is a great point. What I have seen watching London is he bas peaked in HS. He almost looks bored. Dude needs new challenges to elevate his game, I think

5 Likes

That is my sense too Fresh. If you are routinely dominating your competition, you need a higher level of competition.

1 Like

Yeah, dude was slaughtering people last week. It’s not AAU but he needs a new challenge.

2 Likes

I will and you are right, I’ve been a fan since the 80’s in all UVA sports , snake bitten too many times trust issues you know😂 But trust me you want find a bigger fan.

3 Likes