Examining Virginia's Recent Scholarship Offers (blog)

37 Likes

Great stuff. Much appreciated!

3 Likes

Thank you! Great reading!

2 Likes

@HoozGotNext excellent write up, my man. You are truly a fantastic resource for those of us that choose to or can’t help but obsess about the future of our program.

My only quibble is that you haven’t gotten Traudt to commit yet, but I’m hoping we can count on you coming through for us on that soon.

8 Likes

Is it bad that I want every player you listed on the team. I know it’s not possible, but if Dook can find a way to do it…

4 Likes

McKneely, Bond, Sensabaugh, Traudt, Reneau or a center like Ernest Udeh. That’s a freaking monster class.

3 Likes

Great stuff as always HGN

2 Likes

Enjoyed the write up and eager to see what the coming weekend brings offer wise.

Who do you believe will be the primary competition for Sensabaugh?

It’s hard to tell with Sensabaugh who will even be in his top 5. Georgia Tech is in there. I suspect Stanford will be. Can’t rule out Florida.

7 Likes

Thanks.

Great stuff. You’ve spoiled us to the point that it’s expected. Da Man.

2 Likes

I assume you are confident that at least we will be one if the top 5?

He is extremely confident. (Just guessing) :blush:

1 Like

yep

3 Likes

Having some fun - I guess this makes me weird(er).
Just the way the cookie crumbles I’m sure but (jersey numbers):

Malik Reneau = #5
Brice Sensabaugh = #5

Justin Edwards = #3
Caleb Foster = #3
Reed Sheppard = #3

Leon Bond = #35

LOL, time to play the lottery - but only if we get several of them.

Isaac McKneely = #10 (but he has committed so doesn’t count)

9 Likes

That’s actually really funny. You can see how people become conspiracy theorists falling down the rabbit holes of coincidences.

1 Like

Are kids generally pretty open with coaches about their timeline as far as including their plans for '“cut lists”?

I just remember how we offered Warley basically the day before he put out his Top 10 or whatever. Seems like we’ve been on Brice for awhile below the radar and this was the natural time to offer anyway so not insinuating anything with this one.

1 Like

I could watch Reed shoot threes forever… or for at least 3 years.

9 Likes

IU 247 Mod on Sheppard

Sources in Kentucky say Reed Sheppard is far from a no-brainer to Kentucky despite the fact that John Calipari recently offered the 2023 shooting guard. The transient nature of the roster there is probably at play. IF he goes elsewhere, the most popular trifecta order of handicap is Virginia, Indiana and Louisville. Don’t look for him to go any further from home than those four programs.

12 Likes

If anyone wants to see a thread that’s gone off the rails check Rupp Rafters (always a personal favorite of mine)

8 Likes