Examining Virginia's Recent Scholarship Offers (blog)

I mean Louisville has to have zero chance though, right?

1 Like

I want him to change his name to Ty Guy

1 Like

Lol I was just coming here to post the link. The first 1.5 pages was reasonable, it then devolved into personal attacks lol.

For your pleasure…

5 Likes

I mean that’s any sports forum nowadays.

You’re such an idiot for not realizing that…just kidding (I put jk but then I realized people over 50 might not know that means just kidding. Also sarcasm translating on the internet…)

5 Likes

Alot of the people on the thread *recognize what UVA has to offer and is relatively close to Kentucky so distance wouldn’t be a factor.

3 Likes

And it seems like the main argument they’re making for his going to Kentucky is “well why wouldn’t he”

11 Likes

Also alot of them are in denial about the *type of players that Cal typically recruits. The proof has been 5 stars all the way across the board with some *athletic 4 stars with a ton of potential. Unless he changes something in his recruiting, Reed would *have to perform at a high level within 2 years or he would get recruited over. Here at UVA he would potentially start for all of the years that he would be here as we know that Tony doesn’t like to recruit over his star players, or players he hand picks.

Slight Edit- I forgot that they had Tyler Herro as an example of a “Good” guard who blew up and played better than expected. He then went in the first round, so we do have to be aware of that… Tyler Herro was a bit taller though.

1 Like

That thread makes me want Reed to come to UVA even more than I already did.

8 Likes

I believe (fairly certain) that was the same final 4 schools for one former Hoo great - Jeff Lamp. Of course the dynamics of his recruitment were quite different than Sheppard’s. I still say if he leaves the state - the destination would be Cville.

2 Likes

Good stuff HGN, thanks! I can’t check in as often as I’d like and those recruiting threads get so long so fast. These blog posts/summaries are really helpful.

1 Like