February 2023 - ACC Hoops

Restarted … but no history

@DFresh11 tech support

15 Likes

LOL I didn’t know it could be funnier than Fresh just saying he f’d it up but the text… priceless.

At this rate @Spencer will be holding this place together with a piece of bubble gum and some tape by the end of the season.

12 Likes

So anybody have any thoughts on Kadin? How about booing Casey Morsell?

5 Likes

What if Kadin boos Casey?

And what if Casey rebuttals with a “Is that Justin McKoy I see” while jokingly squinting to adjust his eye sight?

11 Likes

3 Likes

Also I feel like I am one errant click away from taking the entire site down now

11 Likes

Dave Chappelle GIF

7 Likes

Watching some NC State clips today, and I gotta say, that’s a really fun team to watch between Smith, Joiner, and old pal Casey, and DJ Burns. Mahorsic as the old school enforcer big prior to the injury. Random lanky Jack Clark knocking down threes.

I want them to lose tonight and then make some noise. But they’ll probably be last four out and lose in the first round of the NIT.

4 Likes

Totally OT, but my wife is petrified of anything technology related. I honestly think she believes the computer or smart TV is going to blow up from one wrong random button push.

When I can see she’s getting frustrated or on edge she’s about to do something wrong with one of the devices, I’ll reassure her she’s doing fine, only to give her a panicked “No! Don’t push THAT button!!!” at the last second just to mess with her. Yeah, I’m probably going hell.

11 Likes

That’d be a serious drop from their current 8 seed projection.

I still think we are at the “bracketology is fun” not the “bracketology is meaningful” part of the season. Too much hoops left. I’m optimistic for the Wolfpack. They’ve got a decent formula, but have some tough games left.

5 Likes

State is at a point where if they have no bad losses Q3/Q4 (they currently have none) they would likely be in but maybe not comfortably. Their remaining schedule is:
@ UVA, @ BC, @ Syr, UNC, WF, Clemson, @ Duke.

Good news for them is only the BC game is a bad loss potential. If WF or Clemson slips out of the NET top 75 (currently 69 and 64 respectively) those could be too.

I think if they beat BC and win maybe 2 more of the other games, they are likely dancing. Of course we will just have to wait and see but although their resume is not as good as Pitts, they are in better shape because 6 of Pitts last 8 games are Q3/Q4. Meaning Pitt will maybe have to go like 5-3 to keep their spot, despite their strong position right now. Of course, they could easily go 6-2/7-1 and be in very strong position to win the reg season title.

3 Likes

W/o knowing much about this, like you, I was wondering if they needed another Q1A type win Like tonight, at Duke, or home v UNC or Clemson or something in the ACCT – though I’m not sure if those two would qualify as Q1A. Their resume still seems a bit thin at the top, but I guess that’s not a disqualifier…

I have seen over the years that not doing anything bad for power teams can sometimes be enough if you do a little good. Currently State is 3-4 vs Q1 and 2-1 vs Q2. 5-5 overall with no Q3/Q4 losses.

Last year Notre Dame was the final at large team and was 2-8 vs Q1 and 2-1 vs Q2 4-9 overall with a Q3 loss. All the teams that didnt make it last year that were close had at least 1 Q3/Q4 loss.

So State is in pretty good shape. Dont want to risk it and the bubble is different every season, but beat BC and just win a couple of the other 6 and they should be more than fine.

5 Likes

Lol I mean no disrespect at all, but how in the world is Fresh a moderator if he doesn’t know how to start a new thread, create a poll, and is on the verge of nuking the whole site with a click? :rofl:

6 Likes

These are the questions no one should ask HooDat!

6 Likes

Unc might legitimately not make the tournament

10 Likes

I’ll be interested to see if Kenny Payne is kept after this season. When I see Louisville at 3-20/1-11, it stuns me. For the most part, the UL program has been relevant for most of my life.

3 Likes

I am looking at Caleb Loves shooting splits (0/8 tonight) in awe…

6 Likes