Five Questions Heading into the 2020-2021 Virginia Basketball Season

Watching the Championship game you see Ty Jerome give the ball a lot to Kihei especially in the second half where Ty could play off the ball more. Kihei needs that guy next season

2 Likes

I re-watched that game last night and was surprised at how much Kihei brought the ball up court. It certainly helped to save Ty’s legs for those drives late in the game. Honestly if you watch that game Kyle brought the ball up some and even De’Andre had it a few times. I believe is the Hoos need to find a way to replicate that next season.

Some combination of ball handlers even if it’s just ot get the ball over the timeline and let Kihei begin the offense. That would go a long way. A lot of teams were giving him token pressure through out the game last season and if he could even avoid that and still play the high minutes, they wold be more efficient.

4 Likes

Funny how thats what jumped out to me as well re re watching the game. One issue late was getting into the offense for whatever reason on 5-6 possessions.

1 Like

The last 5 mins were strange. I’m not sure why Ty didn’t bring the ball up, but it seemed like whoever did bring was unable to start the offense, and then it was difficult to get the ball back to Ty because TT was extending their defense. I know they like to play late in the clock but their a difference between playing late while running a series of sets and just not running anything until the 10 sec mark.

4 Likes

The amount of not just solid beyond big and outright HUGE plays by that team is what is most amazing to me looking back. We were spoiled; almost came to expect it!

4 Likes

No doubt. The amount of talent in the 6 man rotation of Key, Clark, Jerome, Guy, Diakite, Hunter is an embarrassment of riches when you think about it. Every one of those guys is capable and did make special plays.

2 Likes