Football Recruiting

With all due respect, and I am not a London apologist, those two of the three were recruited by London’s staff and so were our successful run of Recent DB’s. Coaching was his problem. However, I do believe we are raising the talent level and depth, slowly in most areas. I am still concerned about the quantity at WR and quality at DB.

1 Like

I agree and ultimately hope we can recruit the level of talent that will make NFL rosters but I would at least be happy with a receiving core that has production like last years. We will win games! There’s not many college programs with three receivers with those stats.

1 Like

I hear you, but was specifically noting London’s QB recruiting. He butchered the position, frankly, and not just with the handling of Sims.

He definitely brought in some really good recruits at other positions - he could sell and relate in many cases - just sporadically and with less than stellar coaching and development. He also had some bad luck with his 4-star recruits in general.

2 Likes

I do agree with you brother. I was just impressed with the evaluation’s from his staff when signing, Mack, Hall, Dubois, Reed, etc. London was known for his 4 & 5 stars but I think he recruited better when he was a lame-duck coach and couldn’t sign the higher ranked prospects. Of course, Bronco’s staff developed them.

2 Likes

Uva doesnt run a true spread offense. Tbeir qbs are not true spread qbs. They are run first options. The nfl is running more of that (rightly so) but mahomes, murray and jackson are currently exceptions. As far as expecting to make the playoff and reloading that’s the point of playing and should always be the goal esp as the program grows and improves. Beating Tech and getting boat raced by clemson and being competitive with UF is a nice first step but i refuse to make that the destination.

Uva has had quality WR but outside of Charlottesville how many are making top 25 teams rosters and making plays?

1 Like

My bigger issue as others have alluded to is the overall development of skill position players. I question the current staffs ability to do that and will continue to. Im extremely curious to what Davis looks like in 2 or 3 seasons.

1 Like

Does anyone know what Lavel Davis’ injury is that’s kept him out of games? I just think he has unlimited potential.

But as far as our offensive line goes, what’s the latest with the OT who plays for Robinson High School in Fairfax? Tristan Leigh is his name. I had read that he’s probably going to Penn State. But Penn State is 0-3 this year…

1 Like

All the buzz has been around LSU for Leigh…

1 Like

LSU has been what I heard. Not sure if that changes if we see changes in LSU this winter

Thanks. I read on the Sports Illustrated website that the NCAA recently finished a 2-year investigation of LSU’s football program.

1 Like

They did just ban ODB and suspended a few players. But I don’t believe its anything major. The lack of offensive production without Joe Brady designing things, and the defense giving up points at a historic rate, will sway a recruit far more than NCAA investigations.

Anyone know who the top high school freshmen football prospects are possibly going to be in Virginia this year? I realize that the season still hasn’t started yet. I’m talking about the Class of 2024. I don’t think you’ll find this information any place else.