General UVA basketball Thread November

Rabid but unsophisticated fan wondering why having Dunn in when Baylor started hitting everything would’ve been wrong.

3 Likes

Good and interesting read from CBSsports

10 Likes

For me we needed experience and ball handling. I would have to watch again to see how their points came then but really tough to throw him into that fire there. Felt like some of their makes were not off of sets etc so I dont think Dunn or anyone could have made lotta difference against those makes

5 Likes

I can see both sides of this, but probably wouldn’t bring back Dunn in that spot, at least yet:

• On one hand, I think his length and athleticism may have bothered George on some of his drives in a way that Armaan and later Reece didn’t.
  • On the other, I think you risk (1) a less experienced guy making “bigger” mistakes than the vets, (2) you risk undercutting the vets a bit (given our culture) if you pull a guy there. Also, I think it’s a bit tough to put Dunn in that situation at this point in his career.

On balance, it seemed like the right call. We didn’t let the snowball turn into an avalanche. Maybe if we keep playing Dunn in big spots, and he keeps responding, we mix in adding him in on key moments to be the Cooler. The Glove. Or whatever metaphor you like. The Freeport Fireblanket… we’ll work on it

3 Likes

I think it was worth a try, especially because our press-break was lending to some turnovers anyway and it was clear that George was on fire. Certainly not a situation where you don’t take Dunn out to begin with - but worth it, I think, to try him on George when he was having so much success. If he makes a big mistake you can pull him and there’s still buffer where it’s not the end of the world.

2 Likes

I think we need an experienced Dunn and iMAC for a Natty run this year, BUT I think they can get that experience against alot of our middling ACC opponents.

14 Likes

Should get some run against Louisville

2 Likes

Fans might get some run against Louisville.

15 Likes

JWilly show is comin on Facebook now for anyone that wants to watch

5 Likes

Ask him about Louisville and Nolan Smith. Show him the systems coach tweet

4 Likes

Done without namin names

3 Likes

There needs to be zero talk about our Louisville games this year. We have dealt so much pain to them over the years it would be fitting for us to overlook them and have them pull out a W when we should win by 25. We can’t jinx things and cause that to happen lol

10 Likes
8 Likes

Thanking you.

1 Like

Is it uva sports or LRA doing this show?

If it’s an LRA show also do a live check in on the ongoing louisville game after reviewing the tweet

1 Like

J Willy on Facebook

14 Likes

Noticeable how our guys are hunting 3’s more this season. Our offense is much more versatile.

18 Likes

That works as long as we’re making them, but that’s a bit too high IMO. The Hauser team was at 42.7%, which was too dependent on the 3. The 2019 title team was a great shooting team and they were only at 39.5%. Got to keep the variety in our game.

2 Likes

Where was the 2019 team in terms of “at rim” percentages?

1 Like

Florida State got jealous of all the Louisville attention.

Down 20-25 to Sienna in the first half

Edit: wrong thread woof.

2 Likes