Have we done our own Mt Rushmore thread?

The 19 straight was the most amazing thing I was ever a part of and I was on the floor

2 Likes

Love June gettin the call and rightly so

2 Likes

I like all these, and I’ll take a whack at it. I’m gonna do 2 of them just because.

@DFresh11 always says “its your own criteria. It can be your best friends, your worst friends, your favorite, the best, whatever” and I’m gonna give my own spin on that. First, I’ll do my personal favorites. Whether I have a personal connection, just really like them, that’s what MY criteria will be and how I’ll pick my first Mt Rushmore. Here ya go:
Malcolm Brogdon
London Perrantes
Kyle Guy
Jontel Evans
and last but not least (a recent addition) Dougie Fresh Smith
Disclaimer: That’s just my list right now. It could change at any minute for any reason, I also have many other “favorite” players, but those are just the ones I’m saying for now
Now for my “normal” list:
Ralph Sampson
Bryant Stith
Malcolm Brogdon
Jeff Lamp
Ty Jerome
Honorable mentions: MIke Scott, Sean Singletary, Cory Alexander, DeAndre Hunter, Kyle Guy, Buzzy Wilkinson

2 Likes

Love it Big B. and finally I made it homeboy!

4 Likes

Yessir

I’m with the guys who put the top 3 as Ralph Bryant and Malcolm. No doubt in my mind they’re carved into the mountain. I love the 19 guys. I think the last head has to be 3 time first team All-ACC Sean Singletary.

6 Likes

Wally Walker, Othell Wilson, Tom Shehee, Richard Morgan, Roger Mason,

Mount Rushmore of underrated guys

3 Likes

Brogdon
Guy
Ralph
TB

1 Like

Tony Bennet
Ralph Sampson
Craig Robinson
(story: In tennis PE class at UVA - tennis doubles play - I was paired up with Ralph Sampson versus another ex-HS varsity player and Craig Robinson (PF UVA basketball) a couple times; it was special and comical with Ralph at the net when I was serving; nothing got by him; he swung at every ball; tennis balls were flying over the fence…into the road …everywhere…every now and then Ralph returned the ball to other side of the court; Craig Robinson matching Ralph)
Jeff Lamp
Jim Miller
Ty Jerome

4 Likes

He averaged 44 a game without it would have been at 60 or more check his stats

3 Likes

Ralph
Tony
Malcolm
Ty
Kyle

1 Like

That’s what i was getting at. If he had the 3pter Pete woulda dropped 50 or 60per. Insane

1 Like

Me personally, I’ll have trouble putting a guy before ~2005 on my Rushmore just because I haven’t seen them play. I’ll do a favorite and an all time, like Ben did.

Favorite:
Joey Hoops
Mike Scott
Brogdon
Sean Singletary
I don’t know if I’ll ever have as much confidence in someone getting us an automatic bucket as Mike Scott lol

All Time:
Brogdon
Ralph
Stith
Singletary
I think the first three are must haves, especially for someone my age. And Singletary might be the swaggiest player to wear orange and blue… walking down the court holding that follow through was ice cold

5 Likes

love your personal criteria. thats the whole
point to it @JoeBoxley. Strong showing

2 Likes

Oh we’re doing favorites? That’s tough. I’ll have to exclude all the very recent players because I’ve gotten to know too many of their parents. It’s a different level of personal attachment with those guys.

Jontel Evans
Rick Carlisle
Bryant Stith
Akil Mitchell
Ted Jeffries

2 Likes

TJ makes the Mt. love it man

2 Likes

@HoozGotNext Jontel teaches my nephews. He’s the most popular teacher at the school.

3 Likes

Ralph
Stith
Guy
Jerome
Dre

I have so many favorites I took the easy way out.I could put at least 20 on here and not go wrong

3 Likes

if you bundle Ty Dre Kyle who are the other two?

1 Like

My favorites?
@DFresh11
Bryant
Dean
Joey Hoops
Kyle Guy

1 Like