Hoos in the NBA Bubble

Figured I might as well start a new topic for this. I’m amped for live basketball, and am planning to do some coverage on how the Hoos in the bubble perform.

Today, Justin, Joey Buckets, and the Nets play the Pelicans at 7pm et on NBA TV.

Then, at 8, KG and the Kings play the Heat. That is restricted to local markets and those who’ve purchased League Pass.

I know I’ll be watching just about every second of basketball I can and am excited to be talking about live sports again.

10 Likes

Really wish I could watch Guy play. Caught a couple of his games in the G-League and loved the confidence and the speed he was playing at.

6 Likes

Sacramento is on League Pass at 8 and NBA TV tape delayed at 9. He was playing with a ton of confidence and the results to match when the season was interrupted.

4 Likes

Joe Harris sitting out tonight.

4 Likes

So is Anderson

4 Likes

Well at least they’re sitting next to each other

5 Likes

man this is tough to watch. was only watching to see JA and Joe play

7 Likes

Just want kyle to get some run. His game is on now I believe. Nets are literally playing G League line ups with Jarret Allen and Caris Levert (and maybe Garret Temple) being the only real NBA players

2 Likes

What is the point of these scrimmages if the NBA guys aren’t gearing up for the playoffs

2 Likes

I’ve heard coaches say they want to get a feel for the atmosphere, how things work with the new bench set up, etc. Doesn’t hurt to evaluate a few guys that may be new to the organization in some meaningless time. Shame that JA isn’t getting run though, but he’ll still get opportunities. Does feel a bit like a money grab though…

2 Likes

This may have been a factor (also explains the delay from announcement to actually signing resulting in two separate “I JUST WANNA THANK GOD” tweets). Probably just got cleared and arrived at the bubble so still taking precautions in warming up/not rushing into injury

5 Likes

Kings are tryharding. No Guy tonight maybe (crossing fingers it opens up and we see him in the 4th)

3 Likes

I’ve heard that some coaches are treating it like preseason, and they are using the 8 real games as the season and to gear up for everything

3 Likes

Everything makes sense now

2 Likes

Makes sense for the Kings to try and get the starters up to speed. Would likely have to win out for a shot at making the playoffs, so coming out hot is a must.

3 Likes

GUY IS IN

3 Likes

and Heat lob it right over him to Jae Crowder lol. Tough first assignment on defense. Also looked a little lost on the defensive rotation next play

2 Likes

Came of a pin down screen, missed the three

2 Likes

Kings appear to draw up a play for KG and he nails the contested 3

4 Likes

Few possessions later he attacked a late closeout, went up in the air for the layup before dishing back to Jabari Parker for the flush

2 Likes