Player Pos League Team
Aisha Balarabe C Kosovo Superleague Bashkimi
Sarah Imovbioh PF Spain Liga Dia Clarinos
Lisa Jablonski F Italy Serie A1 Costa Masnaga
Lyndra Littles Weaver F/C Spain Liga Dia Promete
Dominique Toussaint G Germany DBBL Freiburg
Jocelyn Willoughby F - G Israeli Liga Hapoel Petah Tikua
14 Likes

Darion Atkins star of the game last night!

https://twitter.com/Cotery/status/1381853534682017797?s=20

8 Likes

Great topic @jazznutUVA , I’ve almost started it myself a few times but wasn’t sure enough people would be interested. Thanks for getting us started.

8 Likes

Thanks for compiling this! I don’t think I knew that Jerome Meyinsse had left South America. His overseas career has been one of my favorite to follow over the years.

3 Likes

Also, I do wonder if Justin Anderson will be the next great overseas Hoo. Don’t know if he’s planning to trying to make an NBA return next season or exactly what he’s up to, but if he doesn’t, feels like it’d be incredibly fun to watch him jamming on guys somewhere in Europe.

3 Likes

I’d love JA get into coaching. Seems to be really interested in working with younger kids.

4 Likes

Somebody also mentioned the other day that he seems like he’d be great to have on UVA’s staff at some point in the future if he goes down that road. Would seemingly be an awesome recruiter. He truly loves the program

3 Likes

For those with DirectTV (maybe others too), channel 623 shows German BBL and Liga ACB games. Haven’t seen Isiah but have watched Tobey several times.

5 Likes

I may have, hah! I think he’d be great on the staff. And he does the top 100 stuff

3 Likes

I have German & UK Sky cable and I keep missing Isaiah too. :frowning: I actually drove by Ulm last month on the way to a meeting and thought about being a stalker and going to the facility to see if they were practicing, but decided to try and not get arrested by the Polizei. :smiley:

3 Likes

My DirectTV guide said the game on this morning was Ratiopharm Ulm but alas it was not.

Thanks for putting this together. I’m always interested to know how our guys are doing overseas.

2 Likes

He’d have to finish his degree first.

I thought I had heard on a podcast that he was working on finishing his degree online this past year though I might be mixing him up with someone else.

1 Like

Is Tobey the only one playing in Euroleague?

https://www.assistmanagement.it/2021/04/15/tomas-woldetensae-sceglie-di-diventare-professionista-con-assist-management/

Italian agent signing announcement

4 Likes

From this it looks like Bill Baron is as well…

1 Like

Thanks to all. This is a great update on former players. What’s Justin Anderson up to these days? He was always one of my favorites and I thought he never got a fair shot (playing time) in the NBA.

On Instagram it looks like he’s been doing workouts with a trainer. Maybe trying to make an NBA comeback. I believe he can do it. Dude is not even a year away from posterizing Giannis and is a great lockerroom presence/has Joel Embiid and Dirk vouching. for him.

3 Likes

Love this thread. Didn’t realize some of these guys were still hoopin. Love it

3 Likes