Hoos Playing Overseas '21 - '22

Luka is on another level and it never matters who he’s playing. Dude is unreal.

1 Like

Mike Tobey and Slovenia are going to the Olympics!!! They pull out an impressive win against Lithuania in Lithuania to seal the deal. So happy for him to get to play on that stage.

7 Likes

Tobey bout to get in the nba

9 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes
12 Likes

That interview with Tobey a while back where he talked about how much he loved Spain and would be totally fine finishing his career there, and had no interest in doing the G-league, but he hadn’t really learned Spanish and would love to get back to the NBA, feels really prophetic right now.

5 Likes
10 Likes

That’s pretty cool.

5 Likes

It’s surprising that Tobey is the first ever UVA player. Ralph probably would have played in 1980 (amateur days) if the US hadn’t boycotted the Moscow Olympics.

5 Likes

That was my first thought as well, “How did Ralph not… Oooooh, right.”

1 Like

Jack Salt moving to Australian NBL…

8 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe old news but it appears Papi is going to the Olympics.
Argentina - Tokyo 2020 Men’s Olympic Basketball Tournament - FIBA.basketball

If I am reading this correctly Papi will play against Tobey
Argentina - Tokyo 2020 Men’s Olympic Basketball Tournament - FIBA.basketball

2 Likes

Is that the finalized roster? No idea if tryouts are over or not.

1 Like

Not sure. Over on SportsWar a link to June 6th article seems to say he is in:

Francisco Caffaro preseleccionado por Argentina para Tokio 2021 | El Trebol Digital

(MS Edge translated it for me)

It also appears the team is training in Las Vegas.

Maybe we will get a preview of this years Papi. Hope he stays healthy.

2 Likes

Yeah I googled around and was really struggling to figure out if their roster is set or if they are still evaluating guys. Given this tweet and the article it links to (which I threw in google translate) I got the rough impression they’re still figuring out who is going, but I’m honestly not sure.

3 Likes

Makes sense if it isn’t “official” now that I think about it. If it was official the local press would be all over it.

1 Like

Watching this at work. Neither Caleb Furst nor Patrick Baldwin Jr that impressive to be honest.

(halftime)

1 Like

He has already signed in Russia… but here is the tweet about him leaving his old club.

5 Likes

Thanks for linking. Watched the 3Q and Chet dominated. Lofton Jr. is a big boy.

Couldn’t figure out who #5 was but he hit a few threes and had a tremendous rejection to keep the Aussies scoreless at the midpoint of the quarter.

Furst and Baldwin played sparingly in the quarter with no impact.

1 Like