Hoos Playing Overseas '20 - '21

Stream not available in my region :frowning:

Tied at 91 with 15 seconds left. Ulm ball.

Ugh… going to 2OT… Ulm big man fouled out… so they are playing like UVa… everything outside… no slashing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates. Wouldnt open for me either but someone in the chats said Lebron4president so there’s that

2 Likes

They are going to lose… Ulm is just dribbling up and taking 30-footers… nothing inside.

Also… Ulm is not very good defensively today… swiss cheese.

1 Like

Final score… Ulm lost 104 - 102 in 2 OTs… so close, yet so far.

5 Likes

Interesting post game. Ulm protested the result because Bayern had a player stay in the game with 5 fouls that the referees or take officials did not notice. It was inconsequential to the outcome since it was only 1.5 seconds and the protest was rejected, but there is definitely a heated argument on Twitter whether it matters or not and whose fault it was.

5 Likes

Ha. Thats awesome

There are no UVa players in this game, but the first game in the inaugural Basketball Africa League stream…

https://www.thebal.com/game1-rivers-hoopers-vs-patriots

5 Likes

J Cole though I think is on one of the teams

2 Likes

At the 2:30 mark… you’ll see Wilkin’s last second block to send it to OT, then immediately an assist for a 3…

6 Likes

If anyone is interested… ratiopharm Ulm are 5-points down in game 4 of their best of 5 series w/ EWE Baskets in the BBL Playoff Quarterfinals. Ulm is up 2 - 1 in the series. 7 minutes left!

Edit: Tied 76 - 76… 6:34 left.

Edit: Up 92 - 86 w/ 36 seconds left!!!

4 Likes

In other news… I know most of you are aware Devon Hall is out for the season w/ a wrist injury… but his team are tied 2-2 w/ the top seed in the playoffs… could knock them out tomorrow in game 5.

2 Likes

Ulm advances w/ a 96 - 88 win to play Alba Berlin in the Semi-Finals

Wilkins had 4 points, 1 assist and 5 rebounds in 15 minutes.

8 Likes

Highlights from game…

0:33 - Wilkins pick and roll
1:24 - Another Wilkins pick and roll to assist

3 Likes

Game 1 of the semifinals in the BBL Playoffs for Ulm today… Brose Bamberg (Devon Hall’s team) was unfortunately run out of the gym in their Game 5 Quarterfinal, so their season is over.

If you are up early in the US… this game tips off 8 AM EDT.

3 Likes

57 - 49 Alba going into the 4th quarter. Wilkins w/ 3 points (on a three-pointer), 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in 9 minutes.

5 Likes

Ulm storms back and wins on two free throws w/ 20 seconds remaining taking Game 1 - 73-71!!!

Wilkins unfortunately did not enter the game again in the 4th quarter where Ulm outscored Berlin 24 - 14.

3 Likes

Ulm vs Alba Berlin Game 2 starts at 1430 EDT! Ulm up 1-0 as the underdog in the best of 5 series.

4 Likes

Alba putting a hurt on Ulm tonight… 47 - 33 at the half. Wilkins quiet in 7 minutes w/ 1 steal and 0 for 1 from the field. What has always been amazing to me in Europe is how well everyone shoots and they play fundamental basketball. There really are no hero ball isolation sets like in the NBA.

3 Likes

Alba tied up the series 1-1, 92-78… Wilkins did not have the greatest game in a little over 14 minutes he was 0-2 from the field (0-1 from 3), 0-2 from the FT line, 1 rebound, 1 steal and 1 assist.

Next game in Thursday night in Berlin.

4 Likes