Hoos Playing Overseas 2022 - 2023

Player Pos League Team
Billy Baron SG Italian Lega Basket Serie A AX Armani Exchange Milan
Jack Salt C New Zealand NBL IMS Payroll Hawks
Kody Stattmann SG Australian NBL Brisbane Bullets
6 Likes

https://twitter.com/BBBighalf/status/1543259119121055745?s=20&t=32zsKek3qHDM3RPR5gbYgg

11 Likes

Jack Salt has had a pretty solid career since UVA, seemingly, good for him! Happy for all these guys and love seeing the recaps @jazznutUVA , keep them coming!

5 Likes

Kody had himself a nice dunk last week.

5 Likes

The Kody transition highlights continue. Maybe he should have played at like VCU?

5 Likes

Yes. I always said this

3 Likes

Agree with Fresh, Kody was out of his depth at a Power 5. Probably woulda thrived at a mid-major. Hell that YMCA he’s playing in during these clips could easily double for GW’s gym.

6 Likes

Looks like Devon extended with Milan through 2024. Helped them win both the league and cup titles last season. Happy he’s found a stable spot!

10 Likes

Also, Jack’s playing again in NZ. Seems to be doing alright;

9 Likes

Not UVa… but Keve Aluma just signed for a 2nd Division Team in Japan… I think he should’ve gone back to Tech for another year (but sat out for UVa games because he killed us)…

4 Likes

Updated Chart

Player Pos League Team
Darion Atkins PF Italian Serie A2 Basket Acqua San Bernardo Cantu
Devon Hall SG Italian Serie A Basket Olympia Milano
Billy Baron SG Italian Lega Basket Serie A AX Armani Exchange Milan
Kyle Guy SG Spanish ACB Joventut Badalona
Jerome Meyinsse PF Israeli BSL Ironi Nes Ziona
Jack Salt C New Zealand NBL IMS Payroll Hawks
Kody Stattmann SG Australian NBL Brisbane Bullets
Mike Tobey C Spanish ACB Barca

NOTE: Maryol Shayok and Sylven Landesberg still not signed but both are considered top FAs currently

7 Likes

Can Tipton take some notes from this? Rather than those nightmarish looking blobs, how about some nice cherry blossoms? Research some state flowers or something.

3 Likes

Sorry, total ignorance on my part probably but should Tomas Woldotensae (sp?) be in this list?

He will be… but I haven’t seen his contract announced yet.

… and most likely it will still be w/ Pallacanestro Varese in Italy.

4 Likes

Sorry, duh, thread title does say 22 - 23, gotta learn to read AND comprehend :smile:

1 Like

Have to appreciate Aluma having VT called V Tech in his own edit.

He could have only topped that by rolling with Vah Tech instead.

5 Likes

Nigel Johnson has apparently been tearing it up in TBT. His team just advanced to the finals tonight.

8 Likes

Good analysis on Guy

3 Likes

Here’s the TLDR of the analysis:

• Guy is undersized for the NBA
  • He has spent three years in the G-League with limited time in the NBA
  • You make more in Europe than the G-League
9 Likes

One thing Graham misses, IMO, is that the 2-way has become a competitive if not better deal than most Europe deals, but:

• It’s not guaranteed, and teams seem to shuffle through various guys in that spot
  • I don’t know the details, but I suspect it might be limited to guys under certain years of service

But I think Graham basically gets the gist of the answer correct: the reason Kyle is heading overseas is because the NBA has gotten a long look and they’re not biting.

The same answer for Justin would be interesting to know, but I suspect we will have to wait for him to do an interview in ~10 years…

3 Likes