I believe Coach will lead UVA to the Elight Eight again!

Yes. We did lose our 3 best players, but, we still have Mamadi, a great PF who can mix a good mid range with a monster inside. There’s Braxton Key, who can take the ball outside for a shot or slam down the ball inside. There’s Clark, a improving 2nd year who can shake off defending for a layup or kick it out. We have a great core, and Bennett’s coaching can lead us to at least an Elight Eight or better. Go Hoos!

5 Likes

As excited about this team and season as have ever been. Great opportunity for guys to step up!

3 Likes

As it is known throughout UVA, next man up! (sorry for the terrible wording/phrasing on that one; i hope you understood what I meant) Go Hoos!

2 Likes

stop bein sorry Big Ben. Just let it flow!

3 Likes

Haha appreciate my man!

3 Likes

I have a totally different attitude. My expectations are low, but I’m excited to watch the new guys develop. If they struggle, it’s because they lost three guys to the NBA. No worries.

But if they are better than expected? That’s just gravy.

On the other hand, I expect them to be in the National Championship conversation in 2020/21 and 2021/22.

4 Likes

Agreed, this season is just gravy. But maybe we get hot in march and make a little run…I’m ready for some dud/lay an egg regular season games tho.

4 Likes

I am looking forward to a season of less pressure on our staff and players to prove themselves and to have some fun. We are in uncharted territory coming off a CHAMPIONSHIP!!! and developing our young talent (not re-loading) for another title fight coming soon! Go Hoos!

5 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

yep, just gonna sit back and enjoy watching Coach develop the players & just
enjoy the season.
All gravy.
If I had to guess, I think we will be a 4 seed in March.
However, I am good with whatever seed.

3 Likes

Did anyone think 2 years ago the Hoos would lose only 3 games? Amazing what these guys do year in year out.

3 Likes

exactly!
not ranked to start season to “biggest loss in NCAA history”
that is quite a leap of expectations by the media in a 5 month span.

4 Likes