2022 commits update and discussion thread

Yoooo Octonauts is the shizzzz tho!! That Creature Report song is in my head all day!

2 Likes

My daughter passed her Blippy phase (thank God!), then passed her Peppa Pig phase, moved through Octonauts and is now on some sort of Annia/Elsia daughters of Frozen phase.

I’ve never seen American English dubbed versions of Peppa Pig. Where did you see those @jazznutUVA?

I honestly have no idea where it was… I saw it once, so it could’ve been a random thing. Who knows. I do live under a rock over here in Europe, so I’m not the best to ask American pop culture questions.

On a basketball related note… I think I was the only one who understood that the Ulm Orange Academy is their 2nd team and plays in the league below the 1st team! So perhaps you all live under a European rock while I hang out under the North American one. :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Come on man, stay on topic - this is now a toddler television thread. 2019 Hoos as Octonauts: Ty = Quazi; Guy = Captain Barnacle; Hunter = Dashi; Mamadi = Tweak; Salt = Vegimal (Tunip)

6 Likes

How far into January is still considered around New Years?

4 Likes

Well I have off today for the holiday so to me this is the last day of New Years

4 Likes

aas long as you can take it I say

SOUND THE OCTOALERT

Edit: not for a commitment

3 Likes

Poca and Wauwatosa East were back in action tonight. Both picked up wins. Poca’s was a blowout while Tosa East’s was a come-from behind OT win.

Wasn’t able to find any info on McKneely’s night, but he had at least one dunk:

Bond had a pretty rough night. He was being double-teamed for most of it, but missed a lot of jump shots and wasn’t in the game for longer stretches than normal. You could tell he was frustrated. Didn’t keep track this time, but I’d guess he was something like 5-17 or so. I’m sure he’ll be looking forward to bouncing back in their next game.

4 Likes

Virginia atleast listed in this one. Also mentions a 2022 reclassification because why not. Whose going to stop him, the NCAA?

2 Likes

His game was actually canceled but one to keep an eye on down the road.

7 Likes

Where is the Ty Jerome Point-guard who can shoot? Every other player at the two is icing on the cake, but from now on our Lead Guard really needs to know how to shoot, since he will Also be commanding the game and should expect the ball in his hands a lot. Our Point guard can no longer just “initiate” the offense and expect others to score. That’s what was nice about Ty- he set up the offense and plays that would involve him getting the ball back to shoot.

2 Likes

God help us our 2.5 year old daughter only wants to watch cocomelon blippi and some horrible cocomelon rip off called jo jo.

2 Likes

Cocomelon is almost as bad as the Beatles and Virginia tech

2 Likes

That’s London Johnson

3 Likes

Ok hope so :+1:t5::+1:t5::+1:t5:

I wiped Cocomelon out of my brain. It wasn’t as bad as Blippi though.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYc52q1tP0X/?utm_medium=copy_link
Slide 8. A guy who can’t shoot simply doesn’t take/make this shot

2 Likes

in a manifesting mood so posting clips of my dream 2023 class

Kyle Pock: 6’7 guard/forward from Missouri. Joe Harris Clone. UVA follows him on both instagram and social media. Fits well with the wings we already have and wouldn’t be needed immediately with Taine in the fold. Will play on Mokan Elite (same AAU team as Parker Friedrichsen and Kaleb Glenn)

Silas Demary Jr.: 6’4 pg from North Carolina. Brogdon/Jerome type guard. Would be the perfect long term guard to pair behind Johnson incase London is gone after only 2-3 years with reclassing to 2022. Also he’s been exploding the last few weeks, and has even outplayed 5 stars head to head. He’s like one of two players the north carolina recruiting twitter accounts constantly raves over. Also known to be a tenacious perimeter defender. Will most likely be top 100 after the summer.

Kaleb Glenn: 6’7 forward from Louisville, Ky committed to Louisville. If things go south (all the controversy, new president and AD), FLIP THIS MAN. Just a few before he decided to commit Tony and Getter were there in person checking him out. The perfect 4 in Tony’s system. Also Interesting that our 2022 class follows him on instagram. McKneely already followed him before cause they probably knew each other but Traudt and Dunn followed him after he committed to Louisville. Probably coincidence…

Literally a Jayden spin move to begin the clip

Al Amadou: 6’9 forward from Philly. Same aau program as Hunter. Tony and Vandross saw him a couple times this summer as HGN said he was a candidate for one of the two 2022 forward spots (as a reclass) before deciding to go with the small ball look. But we still need that mamadi role filled by 2023.

Of course this isn’t going to be even remotely close to the actual 2023 class but man we need players to fill these roles by then. This class would be 4 top 150 guys who would provide talented depth and continuation to the 2022 class. We don’t need 5 stars. But we need a roster of mostly top 150 guys

Edit: if roster spots open due to people leaving early/transfers. Throw in scotty middleton. Can’t get enough of them 6’7 versatile wing defenders, especially after having none this year (Dunn and Bond will be god sends I think)

8 Likes
16 Likes