2022 commits update and discussion thread

Me too. And smoother with ball and jump shot. Reminds me of Dre’s high school film a little.

3 Likes

I love how detailed this guy’s videos are, but I hate that baseline camera. Bond’s game looks good. He looked better with the ball in his hands than I’ve seen previously. He’s got a bag of tricks.

On defense, I continue to wonder how he’ll guard in the post. He’s got some tools, but needs to work on the instincts. He feels a bit like Dre where I like him guarding on the perimeter more than in the post.

4 Likes

I generally agree with you, but I’ll take it over some of the sideline game streams I’ve tried to watch recently. In one, the person had it way too zoomed in and clearly didn’t know how to pan it quickly enough, so they missed every fast break, cut players in the corners out of the shot, and basically made it almost impossible to see a third of the game.

1 Like

Interesting that he wasn’t guarding the other team’s best big… curious as to why not? Maybe saving fouls?

7 Likes
5 Likes

Release looked kinda slow….

When you’re 6’10", shooting from 26 feet, being guarded by someone a foot shorter than you or a 5 that’ll take forever to get out there…how quicks it gotta be?

4 Likes

First couple did but they’re playing so far off him it’s tough to judge.

He got it up quickly when he needed to on the step back at the top of the key.

We watching same thing? He dips it some but the release release is very quick

1 Like

I was usually a dipper - but I just backed up more as needed to create space. I was not a dipper from 18 feet and in. Traudt if you watch him is the same - keeps it higher from mid range.

Did they ever announce who the 5* was who was committing today?

Thats what I see here. from 25 feet not many can Carson Edwards the thang

2 Likes

I assume they meant Desmond Claude to Xavier

2 Likes

Muskies bout to blow up got Hercy from the transfer portal. Master P son Hercy Miller, Tennessee State transfer, headed to Xavier

Make em say ughhhhh

7 Likes

Web Apps America (the one funding Hercy’s NIL deal) is a great generic name for a company.

2 Likes

The caption on that photo refers to master p as a hip hop “legend.”

Personally, I don’t think master p attained legendary status. I’m definitely not the authority on the subject but I’m thinking more like “notable” than legendary.

Good for Xavier though for signing a guy who averaged scoring once per game. Could’ve been worse. Could’ve signed Kody.

2 Likes

If you do Master P net worth he is beyond legendary. An think man signing the young money millionares. As a rapper not great.

Him signing Kody would be genius however.

3 Likes

Describing celebrities/singers is always hyperbole… there is a Lauryn Hill commercial they ran in the UK for one of her new albums when I lived there that had the tag line at the end… “Lauryn Hill, the most influential female artist of our time”… if that is not a stretch, I can’t think of a more unbelievable one.

5 Likes

I’d put him in the legend/infamous category. Not legendary for being especially good or talented but legendary for creating a brand/image that was massive for a min.

Xavier loves it’s early 2k rappers. They’ve been holding onto the X. Gonna give it to ya music from DMX since i was ballin in the Cintas Center

4 Likes