Intel Report 6/05/22

Don’t want him just because I don’t want to listen to 2-3 years of broadcasters talking about wrestling during our games.

2 Likes

If we could get Scott Steiner to cut a promo for our pregame hype video then that alone would be worth the roster spot.

4 Likes

haha Didn’t mean to set off a firestorm, just mentioned him and those others as examples of guys that they’ll look at. All comes down to who pops in July.

It’s going to be interesting if they don’t one on the board over this next month or so. Expect they’ll shrink things down and concentrate only on the necessary. Of course most teams are in the same boat. Things have a way of shaking out in the weeks ahead.

3 Likes

Quick highlights of those pgs

Brandon Rechsteiner. (vs Bronnie James)
Somewhere between Carsen Edwards and Collin Gillipse

Tylaur Johnson
Kyle Lowry like

Trey Green
Like that Nijel Pack kid who got paid at Miami. They’ve sort of been on him since last Summer. I remember HGN saying Trey Green caught Tony’s eye as a sophomore during last scholastic period.

Silas Demary
4 year version of Marcus Smart for better or worse.

2 Likes

We seem to be very good once we get guys on officials and we’ve now had what, 5 of them? I’d be shocked if one doesn’t pop in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

Houston Wilson reporting he expects Kaiser to decide within a month. Not sure if that’s based on anything solid or just a hunch.

3 Likes

It’s what Kaiser said yesterday. Houston interviewed him.

6 Likes

With the Top 9 being dropped and a visit to Maryland lined up, do you think he could know already where he wants to go? Seems like something will happen soon after the visit, if it happens at all.

It’s possible. Suspect it’s like Momcilovic. Feels comfortable with one or two and knows better than to mess with it in July.

It’s kind of interesting both of those guys taking that approach, which is the wise way to go. Both probably picking between coaches from the same tree basically. UVA-Wisconsin and UVA-Iowa State. No doubt all take a similar approach encouraging it.

7 Likes

Gotcha. Seems like this has been a UVa/Wisconsin battle since the Virginia offer. Wisconsin has more time invested I guess to date. With the way the last few recruitments have ended between the 2, maybe available PT and time invested pays off for Gard. If not, the Wisconsin people are gonna send a hit squad for Bennett.

3 Likes

Seems weird that he didn’t wait until after the Maryland visit to announce his timeline

1 Like

After following recruiting for 2-3 years now, I know enough that those timelines don’t mean shit.

I would suspect as HGN mentioned that he feels comfortable with Wisconsin and UVA. But if he extends past a month, then it’s basically the field.

Probably just wants another P5 visit to compare against or to take all his visits before he’s no longer on the market.

2 Likes

Give me

Trey Green/Brandon Rechsteiner (one or the other. Yeah a little undersized but they are both so dynamic in their own different ways. And even the non-dynamic undersized guard we already have helped us win a natty. Build the Kihei Mamadi pass statue)
Elijah Gertrude
TJ Power
Blake Buchanan

You already got Taine, Dunn, Bond, and even McKneely in 3 guard lineups who can play the 3. Feel like 2023 is a class where both guard spots can be ball handlers/play makers.

in 2024 We can go after Jahseem Felton and Isaiah Abraham to add more size on the perimeter/the time spacing fits better with the other “big guards” already on the roster

1 Like

Forgot about Jizzle so quickly did we?

4 Likes

Alternatively, get Freddie somehow along with Gertrude and if it becomes clear Armaan isn’t coming back for 5th season in Fall/Winter, get Rechsteiner with that open schollie to be the pg in waiting if Dilione bounces after 2 years. Trey Green has multiple power 5 offers already so I doubt he would accept that situation lol.

2 Likes

I don’t know a think about this kid but I’ll start the NiL fund now if it means BigPapaPump is coming to JPJ holla if ya hear me

7 Likes

My crystal ball says:

Kaiser
MM
Gertrude (those interview comments, man he wants to be a Hoo imo)
Buchanan or a July big none of us have heard of

2 Likes

Gertrude wants to be close to home. We gotta open his eyes up to an easy 5 and half hour drive to CVille

3 Likes

Aew On Tnt Sting GIF by All Elite Wrestling on TNT

And when they play Tech, he’ll bring this guy with him.

2 Likes

We just hit a special place combining my love of Virginia athletics and pro wrestling

3 Likes