January ACC Pick'Em Contest

Free contest, open to everyone. Pick ACC games all of January. The top contestant will receive their choice of any available item from the LRA Shop.

Here are the rules.

1. You can only use each team once. For example if you pick UVA this weekend, you can’t pick them again the rest of the month. Looking ahead to find the most winnable game for each team is the wise move. ACC schedule here. Only conference games. No taking Georgia Tech over Morehouse, sorry.

2. There are no point spreads like the December contest. You’re just picking straight up winners.

3. Our contest winner will be determined by most correct picks minus incorrect picks. Total point differential is the tie-breaker. Avoiding losses is the key. Just because you can use all 15 ACC teams doesn’t mean you have to.

4. To make picks, just list the team(s) you’re taking in this thread. I’ll post ACC schedules twice a week (weekday/weekend). You can make picks in advance if you want, even for the full month at once. Just make it clear you’re doing that and be kind enough to list them with dates.

5. You can make as many picks as you like in a day or week, as long as you haven’t already used those teams. I’ll be keeping track of scores and teams used for each contestant, posted periodically.

5 Likes

This weekend’s schedule

1-4

2 Likes

Sounds awesome! Love the new format. Should be a lot simpler and easier to understand and keep up with

3 Likes

I like this one. It may require some strategy, lol
Having said that my first pick is North Carolina over Georgia Tech this Saturday.
Hoozgotnext. Is this ok?

2 Likes

Yep. I’m taking that one too. UNC, and Pitt.

2 Likes

@HoozGotNext
North Carolina Sat. Jan 4th

1 Like

You don’t have to include the date if you’re taking the posted game. Just meant if people wanted to go ahead and make picks for the weeks ahead. I know some folks don’t want to check back twice a week.

1 Like

I’ll take NC State

1 Like

I’ll take

Pittsburgh (over Wake Forest); and
UNC (over GT)

1 Like

love the format

UNC over GT

1 Like

1/7
Virginia
1/11
Duke
Boston College
UNC
1/12
Miami
1/15
Syracuse
Ga. Tech
1/18
NC State
1/19
Wake Forest
1/21
Clemson
1/22
Pittsburgh
1/25
Louisville
Florida St.
Va. Tech
1/29
Notre Dame

2 Likes

UNC over GT
Awesome new setup

1 Like

Pitt over Wake

1 Like

@HoozGotNext quick q, do you have to pick every ACC team in the month? Or is there a minimum number of picks to make in a month to be eligible?

2 Likes

No minimum, don’t need to use them all. That’s definitely one of the separating factors. :laughing: There’ll be a herd thing going on, already seeing it. Picking the right time to zig when everybody else zags probably decides the winner.

3 Likes

Pitt and UNC

3 Likes

Yep,whoever zigs the right way will win it

2 Likes

1/4
UNC

2 Likes

UNC Sat 1/4

2 Likes

I’ll take UNC over GT and Pitt over Wake

2 Likes