***July Live Period 2***

Hey, I’m looking forward to watching Milan commit to “Vir… Iowa State”!

1 Like

I ran twitter searches to look at ■■■■’s history with players offered July or later (July1-through Dec 1) their senior years. From the 2014 through 2022 classes. There’s probably a few missed of course, but…

7 of the 17 players offered wound up at ■■■■. One other, Boogie Ellis, decommitted.

The Dukies

Jaden Schutt
Jaemyn Brakefield (transfer)
Henry Coleman (transfer)
DJ Steward
Trey Duval
Alex O’Connell (transfer)
Javin Delaurier

Went Elsewhere

Hunter Dickinson (Michigan)
Zaire Williams (Stanford)
Boogie Ellis (Memphis)
Nassir Little (UNCheat)
Matt Coleman (Texas)
Jermaine Samuels (Villanova)
Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky)
Ivan Rabb (California)
Reid Travis (Stanford)
Myles Turner (Texas)

8 Likes

Hm so based on previous results there is a 0/17 chance he goes to uva. Great news!

6 Likes

I think it’s a pretty clear argument for not going to ■■■■ if you’re in that situation lol For UVA, summer is a time to jump on emerging players. For ■■■■, it’s just a time to steal guys from other schools who don’t really belong there. I mean literally none of those guys who went there you could call a success story. While the other list is stocked with guys who had great college careers or were high draft picks.

25 Likes

Now go tell that to TJ! We know going to duke sucks!

6 Likes

Bold prediction. Power goes on to be come a 5 star, picks UVA and ends the “No 5 stars/never beat duke for a recruit” jazz once and for all.

13 Likes

Doesn’t feel like a super encouraging list to me, as far as Power to UVa. Whether they end up at ■■■■ or not, it seems to signal a recruitment reaching a “level” in which we don’t tend to succeed (other good programs that generally seem to beat us for recruits like Nova, UNCheat, Michigan, etc.).

We’ll see. These kids do tend to bet on themselves.

2 Likes

As far as duke/UVA, betting on yourself means UVA, to me. Needing to have (up until this year) the most powerful coach in the game, the protection and hype machine of espn and surrounding yourself with the elite of the elite players doesn’t sound like betting on yourself to me at all.

Also the new transfer rule has made it a lot less risky to pick ■■■■. Get recruited over or first season doesn’t pan out? Just transfer you’re not that far behind

2 Likes

Dude is gonna end a 5*. All of our history with TB insists we won’t win this recruitment. Hope we’re ready to develop relationships with other players quickly.

3 Likes

This feels a lot like Traudt to be honest… which is a good thing. ■■■■ doesn’t scare me. UNCheat on the other hand

7 Likes

“Five star” is just a label. The fact is we lose most recruitments, five star or otherwise. We do, however, win some too.

4 Likes

The most encouraging part with Power is that he basically confirmed what we had been hearing when he admitted his top 5 in that latest article…all schools he had already visited with VT thrown in. In other words, it never would have made it to the fall as he had been saying before, and UVA was the likely choice soon.

Different ball game now obviously but still.

9 Likes

….except if said player has the five star label lol in which we haven’t won once.

3 Likes

Maybe not universally labeled but…

PS Power should not be a 5-star…but neither should a lot of them haha

12 Likes

We hadn’t won a national championship until we did

7 Likes

I appreciate your optimism. I hope this breaks the mold and we get him.

3 Likes

I don’t have optimism, sir. You’ll be hearing from my attorneys.

10 Likes
8 Likes

Window Dressing. In state Minnesota on a big NIL deal or Kansas

3 Likes