Louisville game thread

6 Likes

Still in my DVR.

2 Likes

We’re going to win this game because the last time we played in that building this happened… also there’s a great chance that there’s still confetti laying around somewhere there. That building just has good vibes and has always treated the wahoos great https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UHVOFjx4Tfc

5 Likes
4 Likes

Thats a win you dont forget! haha we have owned Louisville for quite some time.

1 Like

I remember not being able to stream the 2017-2018, so I had to follow the box score. As I refreshed it near the end, I saw the Louisville Turnover, then De’Andre Hunter three (game end) I remember I almost had a panic attack when I saw that shot a few minutes later.

2 Likes

Yea, I remember it well. Out of town working. Game wasn’t on TV at the motel I was staying. Picked it up on the radio station on my cell phone. Bad reception and the game would come and go. It went out with 1 second left. I knew we couldn’t win so it didn’t really matter. in a couple of minutes the game was back and the radio announcers were going crazy. I didn’t understand what had happened. Just knew we had won and it was blowing my mind. It wasn’t possible. Found out the next day what had happened

2 Likes

Most excited I have been for game this year since the Cuse opener. Today we see if we can be real in 2020

2 Likes

No preview from me today, but I’ll post my notes below:
Louisville Preview Notes

Best wins: Duke, Michigan

Losses: Kentucky, Florida State, Texas Tech

Notable Players:

Jordan Nwora - 6’7” 19.3 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 43.7% 3pt shooting

Steven Enoch - 6’10” 10.3 PPG, 6.1 RPG

Dwayne Sutton - 6’5” 9.1 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 36.2% 3pt shooting

Ryan McMahon - 6’0” 8.8 PPG, 4.9 3PA, 46.0% 3pt shooting

Notable Team Stats:

114.5 Offensive Rating - 15th

90.9 Defensive Rating - 18th

40.3 3pt Shooting - 4th

43.5% Opponent FG% - 5th

Defense: Packline but look for Louisville to switch into a 2-3 zone. Last yr, they even tried a 1-3-1 zone that gave UVA trouble.

Score Prediction: Louisville 61 - Virginia 50

3 Likes

Indiana is ridiculous…

If we keep defending like this we can beat these guys. They will come back to earth with their shooting.

2 Likes

is UVA purposely switching nearly everything or is Louisville doing something to bring that about?

2 Likes

I would not play man against Virginia. Offensive sets have looked much better against man.

1 Like

Louisville is shooting well but the D is not locked in at all. Too easy most possessions. And I don’t know about the switches. Not typical for Tony.

We started well defensively, but now they are getting inside a lot. Louisville is shooting lights out right now. Many of them aren’t easy shots either it seems.

Louisville seems pretty psyched to be beating us. Crowd is very involved

1 Like

Well, tough first half, but we’ve had crazier comebacks in this building.

Ouch…Not sure if it was we were that bad…Sometimes the opponent is just that good.

Ville is playin great.

2 Likes

There were some breakdowns but that was a masterful offensive first half from a really good basketball team. 60% with only 2 turnovers.

4 Likes