Louisville Preview / Live Thread

7 Likes

Not sure if it changes your preview much, but Malik Williams reinjured his foot and will not be available for a few weeks. I have trouble seeing how they match up with Jay without him. Carlik vs Kihei is going to be a battle.

1 Like

I would agree except we seem clinically unable to take advantage of Jay on a smaller player

7 Likes

I think they often get stuck trying to set up an obvious post-up that opponents can plan on fronting with help behind. I think Huff can take advantage of the mismatches better in the flow of the offense, where a smaller guy can’t stop a lob to him off of a drive.

I understand where you’re coming from but at the same time if you look at the 2 games against Duke and NC State Jay had 20 and 12 on 0 3’s made at duke and then 19 and 11 on just 1 3 made against ncstate. A little frustrating that it took this long for him to begin taking advantage inside but he’s getting there. The problem will be who does Louisville play at the 5 most today, if they go with Williamson at the 5 he’s not much of a 3 point threat but if they go to the lineup with Withers at the 5 we could see a lot of McKoy minutes again.

1 Like

To be honest we should see a lot of McKoy minutes anyways. Need someone decisive and that’s glad to be on the floor

2 Likes

I think a lot of him not being on the floor is it means we’re taking off one of our top 3 guys to use him. He’d generally sub to the 4 spot so you can move Sam down to the 3 but Trey at the 2 with that combo hasn’t been great. Being able to play him at the 5 against smaller lineups has been a lot better for us, especially with not really being able to use Shedrick when Jay sits.

1 Like

I do think this will be a really interesting game. The guys know they have something to play for. Sometimes it’s seemed like the intensity and focus has been inconsistent, and I’m sure the nature of this year has fed into that. But now we get to see how they play when something concrete is on the line in a single game in a touch environment. I really hope we see another gear from them. Would be a good omen for the post season.

1 Like

Ugh.

2 Likes

We are back!

Shocker. Early game running over and ESPN not proactive with how the next game can be viewed…

2 Likes

I can’t stand dakich

3 Likes

I shouldn’t be shocked or upset but it happens every week

1 Like

Yep. And my app never can pick up the English broadcast for some reason.

1 Like

He’s a legit pos

1 Like

Is this one for all the marbles?

2 Likes

why do we play kihei and reece together ugh

1 Like

Im done with this backcourt pairing my lord we’re running good offense but neither will/can shoot the rock. Love em both but the pairing doesnt work

14 Likes