Mailbag: Projected Starters, backup PG, recruiting etc

Respectfully disagree.

Not sure why sagging (or playing off for that matter) is insufficient. Coining a new, and less precise, term that requires explanation seems dumb to me.

Now get off my lawn @haney

6 Likes

Agree. Whatever term they are trying to use is dumb

1 Like

When do transfers report in to grounds?

Drop coverage is the right term

2 Likes

Drop coverage is specific to defending pick and rolls I think, helps slower traditional bigs cut off the ball handlers path to the basket.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve always thought as well. Sagging is the term Iā€™ve always heard and used for giving space to non-shooters.

Edit - not sure why the LRA system removed my quoting of @Tpain on drop coverage

I could see calling it punking down

I donā€™t think the quote feature works on posts immediately above. Thatā€™s probably why

2 Likes

Thereā€™s actually no single word for it. The only true way to refer to it is through this gif

Nelson-haha GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 Likes

Lol this is what sagging meant in the 90ā€™s.

ever GIF

6 Likes

I canā€™t believe everyone is looking for ways not to embrace ā€œdorkingā€ as the term here. Its absurd and ridiculous and thus should be exactly up our alley.

3 Likes

Totally. Itā€™s so good as a term and so good as a strategy that Iā€™ve been dorking the dorking haters in this thread and just watching them miss.

3 Likes

Dork the dork by the dork even

2 Likes

You got double dorked

3 Likes

I wouldnt dork my jumper thoughā€¦

3 Likes

If the person you are quoting is the one just above you and you try to quote the entire postā€¦ it will automatically delete it. To get around this just donā€™t quote 100% of the text.

5 Likes

How in Godā€™s name do you know this stuff?!

2 Likes

@CaptainThurman15 You arenā€™t a member of the discourse administrators wiki like i am? I thought everyone on here was. :thinking:

6 Likes

The real reason it shouldnā€™t be called dorking is because this should:

7 Likes

KGs face and reaction to that moment are priceless

2 Likes