Media Day thread

Guess we won’t get our Murphy or coach answer after all?

You think CTB is trolling all the Hoo fans howling about the lack of orange in the uniforms and wishing for the Sampson era orange unis during his all orange media time!!??

1 Like

What did he say?

What did Tony say about Murphy’s status?

He sidestepped the Murphy question. He said that Mike Brey had brought up the subject of all transfers being given a waiver since the rule change is coming next year anyway. Talked about the merits of that a little. Not sure he even mentioned Trey’s name. The reporter asked it as a 2-parter with the 2nd part being more tame, so he dove straight into that.

4 Likes

A couple tidbits. Kody has grown. if I heard right, Tony said he’s taller than Sam. And Jay’s missed some practice time with a turned ankle. Think that’s about it if you’re looking for actual news.

6 Likes

Good summary. It was remarkably vague given how pointed the question was. I agree with HGN that we could and should be more transparent about things like this, but at this point I think all indications suggest that Murphy will play.

2 Likes

As you mentioned the other day, no idea why they’re intentionally vague on this stuff. He knew what the question was.

On the news front, Hauser continued the McKoy hype train, I found that notable and CTB mentioned Casey and Woldo made the best S/C strides in the off season. Very curious what that mean wrt Casey? Quickness? Certainly didn’t need any more muscle.

2 Likes

Kody hit a growth spurt that puts him at what 6’8 6’9 ish now if he’s taller that Hauser?

2 Likes

FWIW, JWilly addresses this a bit with Hootie.

1 Like

I can’t remember who to credit but someone on here brought up that even if they’re applying for a waiver, it’s also partly a player’s redshirt decision. Until that’s finalized, they typically don’t discuss it. Private matter for player/family. I think it’s a good point in this case.

7 Likes

Yep that was an excellent point, but his insta post brought it out, which I’m sure he knew it would.

3 Likes

Maybe time for a mid career redshirt to bulk him up and turn him into a stretch 4?

4 Likes

Seriously between the bulk he put on and that height, maybe he can become a jr Hauser

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea. He would be able to take 4s off of the dribble.

2 Likes

We need someone to guard 4’s inside

1 Like

You have to be able to shoot to be a stretch 4

3 Likes

That’s true. I failed to mention that because he may be 6’9, long arms and already plays good D, I wonder if any aspect would translate to guarding post ups if he has fast enough feet.

1 Like
5 Likes

Good video and discussion! The fact that they showed Trey Murphy in the first highlight nailing a three among other plays, I think speaks to the fact that his impact can be Dre’ like as a Redshirt freshman this year. In addition the fact we’ve heard his defense has been good, I think he’s going to play.

2 Likes