Monmouth Game Thread - Fri Nov 11 - 9pm

I believe so

We have a great bench, which means even when Tony calls off the dogs we should keep running up the score. So I say yes we beat a line of 25. And everyone plays. There, I jinxed it.

4 Likes

Pre season Shaheen was saying the Hall only had like 7 healthy players or some such soā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s what I was remembering, but the box score makes it looked like everyone was back. But maybe/probably still dinged up.

1 Like

Yeah, I think @MaineWahoo looked at this systematically and found similar things: Tonyā€™s tendency here has changed. Seems to me there are a few potential explanations:

1. Itā€™s the personnel, stupid. Tony hasnā€™t changed; the personnel has changed, and Tonyā€™s playing the guys who earn the minutes.
  2. Tony has changed. Tony has tightened up his roster and rotation tendencies.
  3. The rules changed. Tony is giving heavy minutes to three guys who wouldā€™ve been ineligible in 16-17. If he could have played 5th year Nolte big minutes, he absolutely wouldā€™ve!

I think thereā€™s some truth in all 3 (at least the weaker versions of them).

(and as I reread ā€“ yes, fewer blowouts is playing some role, too)

2 Likes

I think we cover, but Iā€™m still taking Monmouth and the points.

Another rule has changed that allows ease of transfer and gives greater consequence to #1 and #2. Regarding your #3, you are correct, but I think that Tony was more willing to sit established guys in earlier years in order to get younger, better guys on the floor. Nolteā€™s minutes went down. Saltā€™s minutes went down.

I have been a Kihei fan for his tenure here, but now count me in the group that believes his presence (more accurately, Bennettā€™s heavy usage of him) is going to stunt the growth of this team for March and beyond. It is causing us to have a 3-guard rotation and will help keep Dunn and Traudt on the bench. Iā€™d rather see Reece/Kihei at PG, Armaan/Mick at SG, and BVP, Jayden, Dunn, and Traudt sharing 3/4 minutes in various combinations. I know there are some concerns about some of those guys at the 3, but I think weā€™d be better for it in March. I also would rather have Bond in that mix as well. I suspect that the freshmen in that group would get noticeably better and that the older guys would be used more situationally. If we donā€™t prepare at least Dunn (and Iā€™d argue Bond and Traudt too), at some point we are going to get abused by an agile 6ā€™7" or 6ā€™8" wing that we have no answer for.

6 Likes

Does anyone need tickets tonight? I canā€™t make it and have 4 seats and a parking pass. Section 105.

DM me if you want them!

6 Likes
Tonight Traudt scores
  • 12+
  • 8-11
  • 4-7
  • 1-3
  • Canā€™t score from the bench

0 voters

You misspelled 30

4 Likes

I expect a blowout of enough magnitude that everyone gets plenty of run. If so, shouldnā€™t be hard for Traudt to get 12 even just on putbacks. But watch out for the fouls, man.

2 Likes

Traudt will score 10 points. He will hit 1 three and 2 dunks, one as an and-1. He will play a total of 15 minutes and then he will foul out.

7 Likes

I was going to list that as an option, but I ran out of room.

5 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean I love papi but Traudtā€™s minutes. Maybe Traudt still plays more because of the gameplan prep?

3 Likes

@Gna2r we should be going on just after 8:30 pm

2 Likes

Monmouth ainā€™t scared. They arenā€™t very good but they arenā€™t scared. I want to see Reece,Kadin, and Jayden dominate. Also want to see Traudt play and would love to watch 3 freshman on the floor together at some point. Probably a pipe dream but thatā€™s what Forum is for! Letā€™s go have a good oneā€¦

3 Likes

I need help. For the first time in over 3 years my power has gone out. Keep me updated please and pray my power comes back on

1 Like

Oh my.

10 Likes

Que board meltdown in 3ā€¦2ā€¦1ā€¦

3 Likes